Friday, March 9, 2012

Back up and working....

Just another week with surprises. The latest? Well yesterday I was NOT greeted by my computer. My 3 year old monitor would not wake up. Just kept telling me "going to sleep"... not a good thing. Of course when Mr H woke up he asked all the right annoying questions... did you try...did you do...did you and did you! Mind you, I am  more computer expert literate than he. Anyway, he decided we would go right there and then to Best Buy, to the Geek people. After waiting one half hour the verdict was what I already knew. My monitor was useless. Mr H and the "guys" picked one out and off to work I went. Mr H returned home to replug it all in. So now I am having to get used to a new monitor. Why is it, every time you change a component, everything is different. Anyway.....
Here is a nice and quick stitch I did.....
It is a freebie from The Primitive Hare and I did make a few changes. I stitched with DMC 469 and on 32ct coffee dyed linen from my stash.
I added a nice big button and did an outline stitch around the edge. I had just the right fabric for the backing.
I am off to work today... busy week at Jo Ann's... coupon Commotion Week and we have been busy.  And no, if you stop in and want to use a coupon marked crafts for fabric.... the answer is no.... I do not make the rules..... getting angry with us does not make for nice friends! Luckily there are more smiles and kind compliments than rude people.
I am so glad you had some time to spend with me... I appreciate the kind words... have a wonderful day.


6 comments:

milly said...

Hello

So sorry to hear about your monitor but I'm glad you have a new one.

I hope you aren't too busy at work and that you all have a lovely weekend.

Daffycat said...

Very CUTE finish! I had not seen this freebie...love it!

Nancy said...

Very cute finish!

Isobel -Argante- said...

So lovely!!! Thanks so much to have stitched my free :-)
have a lovely week end!!!

SoCal Debbie said...

Congrats on your new monitor! Very cute freebie and great idea to add the button. Awwwww, I think I was one of those customers who tried to convince you that fabric was a crafty item! LOL

Patty C. said...

Too cute ;)