Thursday, December 9, 2010

Special Birthday ~~~~~~and a finish

Happy Birthday Mom
This is Eva Piccirilli, and today is her birthday. She is still an active lady who is 84 years old.  Once she retired, she helped with her great-grandchildren...Nico and Joey (cousins, who celebrate their 20th  birthdays on Dec 13th) and grandaughter Elyssa (age 17)...always available to drive them to and from school and work. Now she spends time knitting, crocheting and loves to do basic embroidery. I have several pieces she has done for me. 
So, today I send my love from Arizona to Rhode Island to my mom.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is from By The Bay Needleart..stitched from the kit...I really like the way it turned out. I used the tag to initial and date (on the back). The backing is a lovely plaid...don't you think. I  made a small change by stitching a visible dash line around the piece.

I was also able to find (at Staples) the solution for the January challenge...see my  Challenge blog..(sidebar).

I won't get much stitching accomplished today...work at JoAnn's day... and as soon as the Post Office opens, I am off to mail a few packages....and I missed a delivery of 2 packages yesterday, so in line I will have to stand and wait my turn.....

Have a great day and I am so glad you decided to take time from your busy day to visit....

12 comments:

Lyssa said...

HOLY SMOKES!!! Your mom looks AMAZING for 83 years old. I could only hope to look half that good at that age. Happy Birthday to your mom!!

Carol said...

Happy birthday to your lovely mother!

Your little Merry Christmas pillow is so cute, Grace. Have fun working at Joann's!! Lucky you :)

Kttycat said...

Happy Birthday to your mom! Your pillow is so cute!

Teresa S. said...

I like the dashed line around the edges of the ornament. Creative idea!

valerie said...

Happy Birthday to your mom. She looks fantastic! Cute ornie...I saw the kits on Donna's blog.

Olenka's Stitches said...

Happy birthday to your Mom!
Pretty Christmas pillow!

Melanie said...

Happy Birthday to your Mom! She's looks A.MA.ZING!

Daffycat said...

Happy birthday to your mother!

I love the plaid fabric used for the ornament ~ darling!

Brigitte said...

A very nice Christmas ornament with a beautiful backing fabric.
I have just visited your Crazies blog. Boy, are you organized. Great! I'm so looking forward for this project to start myself. It will be a lot of fun.

Lois said...

Happy birthday to your mother! She looks a wonderful lady! Love your Merry Christmas pillow. I haven't seen that one before.

Terry said...

Happy belated birthday to your Mom!

lcp0528 said...

84 Gracei !!!!! She is amazing isn't she!