Friday, December 10, 2010

Package from sis...

So I went to the Post Office yesterday and picked up the box that I missed the delivery for on Wednesday. It was from my "younger" sis Linda, back in Rhode Island. Actually we are only 2 sisters and she often would introduce me as her "older" sis.  We send "care packages" to one another often. There are somethings I just miss from there and things she loves from here. In the box was my Christmas present, a gift certificate for Nordic House...can't wait to shop. She sent a couple of buttons she likes for me to use in a pincushion I will make for her. Then there was my Pepper Biscuits...oh how I love them and can not find them in all of Arizona! And she also sent my Cici Nuts..again not available here. Linda stitched a Christmas card, very nicely done....oh the Girl Scout book you ask? when I was a young girl, I joined the first Girl Scout troop in our parish. It was fun. Then after some years, I must say I lost interest and dropped out. things have a way of being forgotten. Recently, sis tells me cousin Janice found her, Linda's Girl Scout book! I said, you were never in the scouts..she said oh, and that her name is in the book. Well, after some chat it was dropped. She was not, I was...she just erased my name way back when and put in hers....what a kid! Lo and behold, she sent me my book, still with her name in it! gotta love the kid! There, now you have the whole story.......how Janice ever got it I will never know! I think I will have a pepper stick with my tea......glad you stopped by....

5 comments:

jayne@~an eye for threads~ said...

Gotta love sisters eh? What a lovely package.
Be always in stitches

Kttycat said...

Lol. I'm glad you still have a way of getting your favorite treats every once in awhile. What a sweet sister.

Terry said...

What a great care package from you little sister.

Melanie said...

What a great care package!! :)

Margaret said...

A lovely post and one that reminds each of us to take the time to be special one to another in these busy lives we lead.