Friday, May 13, 2022

I finally did it

 There will be no sewing for ...now. 

 Wednesday morning while trying to herd Murphy into the house, I tripped and fell. First of all let's not blame Murphy. I was wearing my Nike slides and well... should not run while wearing them especially on bricks. Once I was on the ground, Murphy was there to play. Lisa came running out when I yelled. I hit my left cheek bone on the Indian Totem statue, scraped my right knee and landed on my right shoulder. I iced and rested but yesterday afternoon when Lisa came in from work, I asked her to take me to the hospital ER because I knew I did something more than bruise myself.

We arrived at the hospital around 4pm. A Cat scan and x-rays showed a fractured right humerus. I have some bruising on my face and on my upper right arm. I am in a sling, and in the process of making an orthopedic appointment. Finally back home around 7pm. They hospital gave me a Percocet just before I left and a prescription.

"One of these days" has arrived. I have been lucky with previous falls. So my friends, no sewing for now and no Nike slides outside. My heel is not fully ready for a closed shoe so staying put inside is good for now. Glad you stopped by today. Thank you for your kind words and thank you for your friendship.

15 comments:

Linda said...

Oh no! So sorry to hear that. It is one of my fears since I once tripped and face planted into a wall resulting in a concussion. I hope you recover quickly.

Rose Marie said...

Oh Gracie, I'm so sorry you fell. I know how easy it is to fall. Be a good patient. Please keep me informed. Prayers and ❤ 😍

Purple Pixie Dust said...

OH, I feel that one. I just recovered from falling on my right knee, now you too. Oh, boy. I hope you recover soon. I feel for you. big hugs Lynda Ruth

sandi s said...

I’m so sorry about your fall and injuries! I understand about the shoes. My favorite shoes used to be my crocs. I was leaving my sons house had my crocs on, it was drizzling a little bit and my shoes got wet and I slipped out of my shoes and fell and broke my wrist. You take care of yourself. I don’t wear crocs anymore. Hugs,

butterfly said...

Oh no , sorry you had a bad fall.
It is so easy to do.
Get yourself better hugs June.

Marilyn said...

Sorry to hear you fell.
I hope not too much damage or pain.
Marilyn

Janice said...

Oh Gracie so sorry you fell. Glad Lisa was there to help you and that you were smart enough to get yourself to the ER when you sensed something more was going on. Praying you recover quickly. 🙏 💖

Vickie said...

Oh dear Gracie. I am praying for you. I am so very sorry. BIG HUGS for you my dear friend. xoxo

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Oh dear, you are in a poor way! Sensible shoes from now on. I am glad Lisa is there to help you and that you got to ER too.

diamondc said...

Gracie: I am so sorry; I hope you pop in to say hello and give us updates and give reports on that sweet Murphy.

Catherine

Heritage Hall said...

Such a shame.. I hope you are not in great pain and are willing to "let go" and
heal in rest and idleness...Bless Lisa for being there and bringing you through the
ER experience. Wrapping you in prayer for peace and healing, Grace dear.

Kathy H said...

Hope you are feeling better soon and they can fix the fracture easily.

Cynthia said...

Oh Gracie! I am so sorry you took a fall. I am very glad to know that you got yourself to the ER to get checked out, but I know the result wasn't the best. Sending you gentle hugs and prayers for a quick heal.

Pittoresque said...

So sorry to hear that...hope you'll feel better soon, and get the rest you need now. Maybe some reading for now?

Sandy said...

Oh no! Sorry to hear that happened and hope you heal quickly. Right you are slides and slippers are bad. I read awhile ago that most falls happen due to people wearing house slippers that don't provide support, likewise flip flops (slides). Please take care.
Sandy's Space