Pleased with how it is going but will be 24/7 for 5weeks more in sling. the fracture is too high on the shoulder for casting and he does not recommend surgery. I also saw the cardiologist. My Blood Pressure was low as was my heart rate. Back to daily taking my BP. I am building a reputation at the CORE Institute. All my surgeons are with this group so when I went to check in, the girl had this funny expression after entering my info. Yes I said, I was just here for Achilles surgery....my plan is to work through all the surgeons!
I got mail....from Kathy Harris. Thank you so much for the lovely selection. Another name on my friendship quilt!
Dianna came to visit on Wednesday. We had lunch and she learned how to make the Cathedral Quilt squares.
This is her first block. A block is 4 muslin squares and 4 windows. She chose the specific prints for the windows because of our lunch. I made an assorted greens salad and the choice of add ins including edible flowers. Our next stitch time will be in a week or so. Can't wait to see her next block.
Here is the quilt so far....loving it!
Okay, enough typing. Need to rest so I can stitch.....
Always happy to have you stop by. Thank you for your kind words and encouragement. thank you for your friendship and adding to my quilt!

12 comments:
Can't keep a great gal down....onward and upward. Just knew you would find a way
to ply the needle again. Can just imagine a Grace portrait in the waiting area
of the treatment room, she having won the trophy for "testing" every surgeon on staff....nooo! this should be the final try....wishing you quick and complete
recovery....
Aww Gracie, I am sorry you are suffering so with pain like that. You are in my prayers dear friend.
I hope you receive my fabric soon! I do not understand how it has not gotten to you by now?!
I like using edible flowers in salad. Nastursium is a favorite.
I have arthritis in my hands. Some days are fine but others are very painful. My worst fear is that someday I will be unable to do needlework so I am doing as much as I possibly can now!
I wish you a quick recovery.
As always, I love your blog. It is such a warm blog.
Gracie glad you got checked out properly, sorry about the shoulder, but sounds like it could of been worse...take it easy and enjoy the stitching that you can achieve....take care!
Hope things get better soon .
I am also having pain in my hand .
I now have to be careful.
Love the quilt . Have a good Sunday.
Hope your shoulder heals well.
Your quilt is beautiful!
Marilyn
I'm glad to hear you can still sew, albeit slowly!
I love the way your quilt is turning out. I wish I knew how to do that one. It will be beautiful when done. Hope you got my squares of fabric I sent. Take it easy and don't over do to much. Big hugs Rest your self. Hugs to Alan and Lisa Have a great day.
Hi Grace
Sorry to hear about your arm.........take it easy and let it heal properly.........
when you can use it you will love that olfa cutter in your earlier post........they are so much nicer to use..........
Goodness my heart goes out to you, years ago I fractured my left humerus in 3 places and had to wear a plaster cast from my shoulder to wrist for 6 months along with a wrap around stabilizer and a sling. Take it slow and easy and before you know it all will be well.
Gracie, take it easy and don't overdo. I know you want to work on that beautiful quilt, but go slow. Take care.
Sorry to hear you’ll still be restricted for 5 more weeks, at least you have a time frame to aim for. Take it easy on your sewing so you don’t overdo it. Wishing you a speedy recovery.
Post a Comment