Monday, October 18, 2021

Week one gone

 What a week. This time last Monday I was having surgery on my hand. I must say that all went well...came home not feeling too out of sorts. Murphy was happy to see me but a little curious of the bandaged hand. I was told to slowly begin to use my hand and fingers...once the swelling subsided. Finally mid week the fingers could move but the ring and pinky were still numb. Finally feeling returned to all fingers.

Yes, it is exactly what it looks like...a badly and sore knee. Yes, it is what you are thinking. On day 2...Tuesday morning I let Murphy out and followed him to the garden. I noticed that the winds had blown lots of leaves into the lanai which Murphy happily dragged in on his mustache and beard. You do know where this is going don't you.... I saw the leaf blower and thought...never mind...right. As I walked back to the lanai with Murphy right there behind me, I stumbled. Guess my head was more cloudy that I thought. there I sat unable to get myself up. What to do? Yell and yell loudly for Lisa to come and help. the look on her face and hands on hips let me know this was not good. Finally got me up and inside. I decided to go back and relax on my bed. Of course I had to tell Alan that night as there were band-aids on my knee and elbow...oh yes, elbow scraped too. He did not yell. Later he came into my room to "discuss" what I can and cannot do. 

I have been behaving....really I have. I am able to use my hand more but must remember not to lift or grip....pain will occur!! One more week then the stitches will be removed. I peeked under the bandage...it is loose since all the swelling went down. It looks messy. Really, did you think this was going to be incident free?

Thanks for you caring thoughts and comments and for your friendship. Peck typing is hard!👆

12 comments:

Rose Marie said...

Gracie,Gracie, Gracie you are a true blue Grieco! Try to behave. Uncle Tony received chemo today. Did well. He has a pump for 48 hrs then they remove it. We still don't know if it's stage 3 or 4. Thank you for the card. It's beautiful!

Linda said...

I love reading your blog. You seem like such a nice person with nice family. I hope you heel quickly!

butterfly said...

Take care Gracie , heel soon .

diamondc said...

Gracie: It looks like it hurts, owwww.
Its good to hear you can use your fingers.
I hope you continue to heal quickly and your knee stops hurting.
Alan is a good brother he is watching out for you.

Catherine

Marilyn said...

Oh no!
I hope your hand & bruises heal quickly.
Marilyn

Cynthia said...

Take it easy. Hope you are feeling better soon.

Purple Pixie Dust said...


Thanks for the Halloween card. You need to relax and heal. Big hugs Lynda Ruth

Vicki said...

I'm glad Lisa was there to help you up! I just told Dan the other day (when you posted right after your surgery) that having Alan and Lisa with you is such a blessing. Take care...

Vickie said...

Oh my. Glad your lungs work. ;) Take it easy now. Have a good day Gracie. Hoping all the bruises heal and you get back to normal real soon.

Shelly said...

Hope you're feeling better now, Gracie. Good thing Lisa was there to rescue you. I can only imagine the pain of falling on your knees. I'm deathly afraid of falling on mine. Take care!

Pittoresque said...

Lady, be careful! You don't need another surgery anytime soon.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I'm just glad that Lisa was there to rescue you! You must take care of yourself and let yourself heal properly.