Last week while at work, it was reported to Alan that a hedgehog was found walking in the mall. Off he went to find...a baby hedgehog!
Around the same time 2 young guys were coming into the mall and told Alan that they have a couple of them at home and told him all about them. Alan took the little ball into his office and then proceeded to wait to see if anyone claimed a lost hedgehog. After 5 hours he called the number the guys gave him and asked if they wanted the critter...they appeared shortly after to take it home.
Having never held one before, Alan enjoyed taking care of it in his office. the Brother Alan is a caring soul. Although he is eleven years younger than me, he has stepped up to big brother status. Four years ago on June 6th he flew out here after returning home from here 2 weeks before on vacation, to spend time with Denny. He was there for the transfer to Hospice and there to make financial and end of life arrangements for me. Dennis always referred to Alan as brother.I know it wasn't easy for Alan but he stepped right up and made it easy for me.
On this Father's Day, it is important to acknowledge him as The Brother Alan, my big brother. Since moving out here to Arizona he has relieved me of many tasks. Dennis would be proud of how he manages the garden even though the pond is no longer here.
So, Happy Father's Day dear Alan.Thank you for taking care of me.Thank you for taking care of us.!


11 comments:
Just wanted to say I always enjoy reading your posts and the very nice relationship you have with your brother.
ALan seems like a very special person. I am so glad you have he and Lisa to be there with you. Wish I had known him.
Yes Alan is a special person , I wish I had a big brother .
But being a only child I missed having brothers and sisters.
I have a big hedgehog that lives in my garden , he leaves me a present on my back step almost every day in Summer , he eats all those slugs that eat my plants so I love having him here , we did moved him once but he made his way back!
So now he lives here.
The Hedgehog is too cute, but wonder how he got into the mall?
Happy Father's Day to Alan.
Marilyn
Your the best Mr. Alan, thanks for all you do for Gracie and Lisa. Happy Father's Day to you. Enjoy your life with wife and sister. Big, big hugs Lynda Ruth
What a great tribute to Alan. I know his move out here was a life changer, not only for Lisa and him, but for you too.
Alan is a good egg. I'm glad he's there for you and you take care of each other!
Gracie: What a sweet find for Alan, I know in the USA you have to apply for a permit to have Hedgehogs, I would love one.
It is wonderful that Denny love your brother, it makes my heart smile when i hear things like this.
It is wonderful to know that your brother is so sweet and willing to help you.
Catherine
Your brother Alan really is a very special person. He's even kind to small prickly creatures! I am glad the hedgehog had a safe place to go to rather than living in the office.
Hi Gracie! Brother Alan sounds like a fine human being, him and Lisa. Stay cool!
A hedgehog in a mall! Love those pictures. :) Good for Alan finding him a safe new home. You certainly do have a wonderful brother and SIL.
Post a Comment