Saturday, January 2, 2021

A new year finally

 Hello on this first Saturday of the new year....2021 finally arrived and I was actually awake but did not watch the Times Square event. We did begin but Alan and I just could not adjust to the format...or the performers. Today is cloudy and cool but not bad. Anyway on to better things. There are a couple of FB pages that encourage and support. One of them, maybe more encourage a Yearly Word instead of resolutions. My Word of Affirmation for 2021 is Thankful. There has been so much negativity that I want to really focus on the good. Each day I will think of one thing to be thankful for...being positive!

Meet Alan's Yeti. Look closely and you can see his eyes the 3 "bumps" are the top of his head. Santa knows that Alan and I kid about the hunt for the Yeti all the time so now he can prove there is one...eventually. At the present he is loosing his shell. I will keep you picture posted.
One other thing I got for Christmas was this handy attachment for my mixer. I love my Mandolin but I think Alan worries every time I use it. He thinks this is safer. Next might be a past attachment?! 
Arizona is still high in Covid numbers and trying to be safe is the normal. I do my best. When I think about those who do follow the rules, like EvaP and then are those diagnosed with it and then pass on quickly, well, it scares me a little. I am grateful that she did not suffer as many others are. Wear your mask and keep distance... 
I ask that you keep a lovely friend back in RI in your thoughts... she is doing well after breast surgery and treatment but still a bit more special thought is always good. Lisa is not feeling well...so add her to your thoughts as well. 
The list gets long 💗. 
Finally most of our mailed packages have arrived...for New Years! There is still one out there...DebbieB it is on the way to Canada I am sure. Thank you for the caring thoughts on my not feeling well. It mainly is because of a med snafu and the fact that I now will be seeing a new PCP on Monday. Not taking an important medication for a week now really causes havoc. Tired, light-headed, headache and vertigo... not pleasant but it could be worse. Once again that Household Faiery has not appeared so I am off to swish and fluff in the laundry area. Can't find the coffee barrister either so I will make my own coffee. Thank you for stopping by. I am lucky to count you as my friend. Thank you for the kind words and thoughts and your friendship. See, my Word of Affirmation...Thankful!
Coming up in a post soon...The Tumbleweed story!

6 comments:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

The gifts keep coming! Hopefully the Kitchen Aid will enable you to keep all your fingers!
Sending healing thoughts to Lisa too.

Vickie said...

What a lovely attachment for your Kitchen Aid! The COVID numbers are very high here in Wisconsin too. We are sheltering in place. I am thankful for YOU!

Purple Pixie Dust said...

Since when did Yeti hatch from eggs. New one on me. I thought the mountains where to cold for eggs to hatch.ha ha
Hope Lisa feels better soon, sending her a big hug to get better.
Love your new attachment, be careful using it.
I am thankful that 2020 is over and looking forward to a great 2021.
Take care and be safe big hugs to your all. Lynda Ruth
Happy New Year and lets hope the virus leaves and never comes back.

Julie said...

Warmest wishes from our home to yours for 2021. I'm slowly venturing back into blogland.
Covid is high here too. I lost an aunt this past weeked to it. At 82 a good life had been lived, but sad she passed in hospital adrift from her family.

Rose Marie said...

So sorry your meds affected you the wrong way and Lisa isn't feeling well. I just heard today that a dear friend of mine passed after just a week of Covid19. She had been very careful. Scary! Sorry your Mom had to die from it. Numbers are high here as well.
I am thankful for you Gracie💓

Pittoresque said...

Happy new year! I hope everyone will feel better soon, including you.