Just stepped outside to check things and I will tell you that I feel like I stepped into a sauna and it is under 100 out there! Thank goodness August is almost a thought as this Monsoon heat/humidity ends in September. Here in The Valley we have not had the storms that were all around us. Definitely we could use the rain. While strolling the garden, a thought came to me. I think I found the "leak" around the fountain.... thee was a plant that has since died and the irrigation line was still in the open position. The water has been running into the pond garden area causing lots of wet ground! There is no leak in the water line or the fountain! Of course I will need to wait a few days to be sure. I am getting quite more accomplished around the abode.
Santa has his friend....well the start of a burro. I am enjoying this project. I always do when it is a Mill Hill kit. Combining both cross stitch and beads and I am a happy gal. There is an town here in Arizona where donkeys roam freely through the town.... Oatman AZ. One day I will visit the former mining town. I the meantime, I will work on Santa and his burro.
Best Buy is having a sale... maybe time to visit and check out a new computer. Even my tablet is acting up. Today I will have the Geeks check out my computer remotely. Remember, if you are not getting an email response from me... sometimes my computer tells me they cannot be sent. I am trying to send from my tablet and maybe that will work.
Swishing is happening in the laundry area and that will be it for household duties. Still looking for the Fairies. First cup of coffee finished.... yesterday was a Gatorade day and so it will be today with iced water added in. Maybe a glass of iced coffee? Thank you for your visit and your kind words. Thank you for your friendship.
Santa has his friend....well the start of a burro. I am enjoying this project. I always do when it is a Mill Hill kit. Combining both cross stitch and beads and I am a happy gal. There is an town here in Arizona where donkeys roam freely through the town.... Oatman AZ. One day I will visit the former mining town. I the meantime, I will work on Santa and his burro.
Best Buy is having a sale... maybe time to visit and check out a new computer. Even my tablet is acting up. Today I will have the Geeks check out my computer remotely. Remember, if you are not getting an email response from me... sometimes my computer tells me they cannot be sent. I am trying to send from my tablet and maybe that will work.
Swishing is happening in the laundry area and that will be it for household duties. Still looking for the Fairies. First cup of coffee finished.... yesterday was a Gatorade day and so it will be today with iced water added in. Maybe a glass of iced coffee? Thank you for your visit and your kind words. Thank you for your friendship.
5 comments:
He is so cute! He would fit right in up in Oatman, I'm sure.
Hi Gracie: I love the way Santa is now appearing, I love the Mill Hill kits, I am like you I like to combine beads and stitching.
I hope your weather gets cooler, it has been perfect here so far.
I am happy you found the leak, water bills can climb if a leak is not detected.
Yahoo another day down till your brother comes.
Happy Stitching
Catherine
Cowboy Santa looks great! Gracie, our monsoon has been a nonsoon! We last had rain/storms 4 weeks ago and they were gully washers but then they just disappeared. Now there are several fires, one 25 miles nw of Prescott and its throwing up a nice smoke plume. There is nothing out there, ranches, so they're letting the fire burn. What a weird year it's been weather-wise. I'm looking forward to September but even then it's lets see what Mother Nature has in store for us. Have a nice Thursday!
Yes, Cowboy Santa is looking good. Can't wait to see the burro. I too am glad I did a good job on June's pillow. I put allot of thought into how I would stitch it and then finish. I have a fabric place in town where I can get my friend to help me pick a good backing. she should me the one I used and June and Ron just loved it. I am so glad, It took 2 months to get to her. You know slow boat to China deal. I had to pay the smallest amount to send because postage is so expensive now. You just can't send good stuff and expect it to be there in a couple of weeks, you have to wait months. I told June it was coming so she would know I had made her a gift and that it would be awhile before she got the parcel. Atleast it got there before they went on vacation.
You have a great day and I will see if I can find the House Fairies for you. HUGS
Free roaming donkey sounds like fun! We visited Nara, Japan, in spring, with the free roaming deer all across town. They were quite cheeky!
Post a Comment