Sunday, August 18, 2019

Here's looking at you

Have I mentioned it has been hot..... now this is not new as I have been here for 15 years now, but this year had caused me problems. We have had 24 days of 110+ temps. Waking with a headache is one that fortunately lifts in a few hours. I think I just miss being in my garden! The other has been issues with my back and my hand. Lucky for me both are doing okay.
The other afternoon I was standing about about 4 feet from a female hummer taking a bath in the fountain bubbler.... she was precious to watch. Sadly for some reason some of my garden plants are not as happy as she was. Oh well, guess we are all waiting for Autumn...or October which ever lands first. Speaking of October...remember who will be arriving?
It is no secret that computers drive me cazy...my keyboard is still typig what it wants... and I have actually typed so slow you could take a nap, and it still omits n, r, t or whatever! ow the #3 is not working … must emember to use the side keyboard.... see what I mean? I really must re-read everything. Now emails are not able to send all the time... unless someone tells me they did not get a response, I have no idea! Today I will call the Geeks and let them check out things.
Santa can now look back at me! I am adding the beads as I finish an area with floss and of course I had to add his beard and mustache. His sidekick will begin today. I must order Mesa Santa!
Just finishing my second cup of coffee...first one was at 4:30. So, off I go to enjoy this coffee before spending the day drinking Gatorade. Glad to have you visit. Thank you for your kind words and for your friendship.

6 comments:

Julie said...

He's looking so lovely.
Have a nice day Gracie x

diamondc said...

Hi Gracie: I am so sorry your temps are so bad, I am not sure if I could get used to that kind of heat and I love the heat.
I am happy your hand and back are manageable, I am so sorry you have to put up with that problem.
I am so happy your brother and sister in law are moving south with you.
I love the Santa's I have done a few and love how they look on my tree.
Have a lovely week.

Catherine

Purple Pixie Dust said...

Hope you feel better soon, love your Santa. Take care and stay in the shade, out of that heat. big hugs

Pink Rose said...

Hi Gracie oh boy you sure are having hot weather hope you will be able to get up into your garden soon.
Your santa is going to be so lovely,hope you have a lovely day my friend xx

Vicki said...

Your Santa has a big personality! His face is so expressive and I love his hat.

Pittoresque said...

This year seems to be unusually hot everywhere...I certainly hope it's an exception and not the new norm, though I am afraid the heat is here to stay.