Ready for the day....almost. Seems like it will be a s l o w day today. Right now the sun is partly here... it is almost 80 at 8:15am and should reach the mid 90s later but at the moment the sliders ae open but that will probably change soon. Did someone ask if … yes, all is well in the garden. I need to change one of the sprinkler lines in the pot that will be for my herbs. I usually just buy herbs and this time I thought why not plant seeds. I did pull out the Rosemary plant which was quickly dead. Part of it was that it was not getting the needed water when you replant so I will get another next time out to Lowes. I also need to get more rock to finish the planting area in the garden.
June Origami Star is finished. Look, the little ladybug is peeking out. I love the bright red and yellow in this. I guess I should have or could have fussy cut the ladybug fabric so it would be more prominent, but it is cute this way.
So, I took the 2 eggs out of the abandoned nest. I felt bad but with no one sitting on them they were doomed. I would think it was an inexperienced pair... it does happen... that hopefully will do better the next time. In the last few years there have been at least 10 nestlings and never an issue.
Today my plans are simple. Work on the SW Mill Hill project. There are some things that I should be working on, specifically in the garage, but today is not a work day. If I get up and going early enough one of these days I will be there. It will be an all day task when I do start it so it will require ambition and that is not me today!
The Quails have been scoping out the garden...not going to let them nest here. Funny that they know the Doves are not nesting... speaking of the Doves, a pair was sun bathing in the fountain yesterday like it was their private jacuzzi. A coyote left me a deposit in the driveway.... they drop it anywhere. It's a jungle out here! In the meantime, a few things to do before settling into my stitching spot.
Very nice chatting with you this morning. Thank you or your kind words and emails. I appreciate the time you take to send me emails. Thank you for your friendship...
June Origami Star is finished. Look, the little ladybug is peeking out. I love the bright red and yellow in this. I guess I should have or could have fussy cut the ladybug fabric so it would be more prominent, but it is cute this way.
So, I took the 2 eggs out of the abandoned nest. I felt bad but with no one sitting on them they were doomed. I would think it was an inexperienced pair... it does happen... that hopefully will do better the next time. In the last few years there have been at least 10 nestlings and never an issue.
Today my plans are simple. Work on the SW Mill Hill project. There are some things that I should be working on, specifically in the garage, but today is not a work day. If I get up and going early enough one of these days I will be there. It will be an all day task when I do start it so it will require ambition and that is not me today!
The Quails have been scoping out the garden...not going to let them nest here. Funny that they know the Doves are not nesting... speaking of the Doves, a pair was sun bathing in the fountain yesterday like it was their private jacuzzi. A coyote left me a deposit in the driveway.... they drop it anywhere. It's a jungle out here! In the meantime, a few things to do before settling into my stitching spot.
Very nice chatting with you this morning. Thank you or your kind words and emails. I appreciate the time you take to send me emails. Thank you for your friendship...
7 comments:
Hi Gracie, My hubby got me a bigger monitor yesterday and it is so much bigger than the one I had. I don't have to enlarge the Jume origami star to see how wonderful it is. Do you sew them or just put them together. I love them all. The Quails don't need to make their home in your garden. Who else is moving in besides the bunnies, doves and all. Big hugs love Lynda Ruth have a spectatular day.
Maybe the Doves will come back now and nest, enjoy your day.
I love the ladybug peeking out like that Gracie!
Aww, the ladybug peeking out in the June Origami Star is precious!
Hi Gracie: Love the color combination the red and yellow are so pretty together, I love the lady bug peeking out, it is perfect, the green adds just the right touch.
I understand about the birds, if they get spooked they will not return, our deck in the back of the house is 52 feet long I only let the robins and one other bird nest there, the swallows are so dirty, we have been having a battle with them plus our neighbors cat which I am going to catch and take to the human society it is killing our birds.
I hope you have cooler days soon.
Hugs
Catherine
The little ladybird does look cute poking out in the star.
I find all that wildlife around you fascinating! Your news tar is very pretty with the cute cheeky ladybug.
Post a Comment