Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Movies and floss

Tuesday was a hot day .. a reminder of what is yet to arrive. Today is starting at 75 and going to the triple digits. Monsoon begins the 15th so we know the winds, Haboobs and rains will begin. The AC kept me comfortable while in the house. The one errand I ran to the Hyundai dealership...a wasted hour... was all I did. Part is on order and waiting to return. I decided to do some "cleaning out" of a closet shelf. I found some letters and cards from when I first moved here! All had lovely notes in them, so of course I reread them and some brought smiles and a few even tears. By the time I finished I was feeling overwhelmed. That task is now complete. Next will be to go through the many movies and CDs that Denny had. I have my favorites so those I will keep.
 This shelf has a double row of movies, some are sets like the Bruce Lee box set.

These two shelves ae CDs.. about  200+
These shelves have DVDs.... the top shelf is double row and as you can see, some are sets. The bottom shelf are Disney DVDs... and other movies...Denny was a movie buff. Does anyone still watch movies and listen to CDs besides me?
Still have much to do about closet/garage/storage organizing. My goal is to completely empty one of the large garage storage units. I need to get to Lowes to add to my wall rack in the garage. Later today I plan to get at the floss... remember the boxes of floss?
This is what the inside of those colorful boxes looks like. All the floss is in numerical order, in individual floss bags, on a large ring and kept by category number... for example: all the 100s, the 500s and so forth are together. Always able to find what I need. Since I am not doing any (at this time) cross stich, I will be de-stashing all these, all 5 boxes. A good sit by the TV  in the cool of the house and pick what I want to keep. Unlike sorting the letters/cards this should go quickly... no nostalgia here. I have a few months to get organized.
That is about it... I am taking a mental health day.....
Glad you stopped by. Thank you for your kind words and for your friendship. 

6 comments:

Vickie said...

HOORAY for Mental Health Day! :D I applaud you for decluttering Gracie! It feels very good afterwards, doesn't it??!!

Purple Pixie Dust said...

Hope you have a good day. big hugs

diamondc said...

Hi Gracie: I too am cleaning out closets, I have to say when Mike lived in Japan and visited China and other Asian lands he had the opportunity to meet Bruce Lee, he has many items from Bruce, I order a new poster for him from China to put in his Man Cave, it takes 30 days to arrive.
I know how you feel about favorite movies, Mike and I have ours.
I bet you truly enjoyed reading the notes you found.
I have all my floss on cards and in plastic box's, I bought a suitcase with wheels and they reside in there, they are all in numerical order, I like your system better.
Stay cool I have read about the haboobs that come your way, I have friends who winter in Arizona and they say the house is full of sand when they go back in October.

Hugs
Catherine

Julie said...

I too listen to CD's.
That's a lot of thread in those boxes.
Enjoy your mental health day xx

butterfly said...

I need to do some sorting soon.
In fact lots of sorting , you do feel good when it's done .
Hugs.

Pittoresque said...

We still watch DVDs sometimes...and I love bringing CDs to car rides and listening to them on the road, although I don't do it a lot at home :)