Sunday, June 23, 2019

Heartfelt thank you

My heart is full these past few days. The Brother Alan posted on Friday, the 2nd anniversary of My Denny's passing. The many emails and comments left on Facebook and of course here filled my heart with love and friendship. This will always be a hard time for me but made a little easier with all of your caring kind words. ❤
The Pond Garden and fountain is very busy this morning with so many different birds drinking and bathing. A quick walk out to the garden and all is well. We are still in a cool down, low100s and right now it is quite nice outside. There is swishing in the laundry area and the Shark is waiting to swim around the abode. First cup of coffee finished and my bowl of cereal too. Dishes washed and soon coffee beans will be ground for the 2nd cup.
I have been able to stitch On The Range..... really not too much more to do then I will add the beads. Coming along nicely. Stitching is slow due to my eyes..... yes, my eyes. First the issues were with the hand and as that healed my back and the procedure for that has been healing well and now my vision. I need to see an Ophthalmologist and will be looking to find one this week. I have been keeping all of my medical centers close to home, so as there are a few close by,  I will check them out. Right now I am using Sustane Complete and added Retaine MGD with hot compresses during the day. So, with  resting my hand and back and now my eyes, things go slowly for me. Right now nighttime driving is not happening.... not that I did much of it anyway. The doctor also changed my eye prescription but I will wait to fill it until after the Ophthalmologist appointment. Always something to deal with. I know there are others with so much more to deal with, but selfishly right now it is me I am dealing with.
 Friday and yesterday were the if you can drop it why not day. Friday evening I spilled freshly brewed cup of black tea all over the counter and everything that was there of course received a tea bath. Then the sugar bowl joined in. Saturday I knocked over the butter dish thankfully it did not break. It was given to me by Glenda and I love it. It is one of the ones that you fill the bottom half with water ( I pout ice cubes in) and you can leave it out and the butter is always soft and ready to use. Of course during the day, at least 2-3 times I toss the water and ad new ice cubes. Yes, when I scooped up ice there were far too many cubes and they went all over the floor. Normally I only pick up 3 cubes to fit the dish but why did I get a scoop full? So they could go all over the place! Today is so far promising to be a less clumsy day. The plan is to sit and stitch, as soon as my eyes clear up.
Always nice to chat with you. Again, thank you so much for caring and for your kind words. Thank you most of all for your friendship. I am so lucky to know you!

10 comments:

Purple Pixie Dust said...

Yes, I get those days too, where everything you pick up you spill or drop. The air dose get alittle blue somethings. Your stitching is coming along nicely. Rest your eyes and have a good Sunday. big hugs

butterfly said...

Your stitching is looking lovely .
I also have those days when nothing goes right.

Yes each year is hard my friend when you lose a loved one , but it is so nice
to know friends care , hugs .

Mary said...

Oh, such a frustrating day you had, I hope it goes better today and you find a good eye doctor to help you. Mary

Shelly said...

Had a bit of the peanut butter fingers I see! I have those days too and luckily they last just the one day. Hope you find an ophthalmologist soon. It's nice to see you stitching again! A western scene too..how nice! Have a good day, Gracie:)

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Sorry to hear about the "butter fingers" but it is obviously contagious because there is a post in your side-bar from Carla and her poor ORTs jar!

Take care and hopefully your eye issues will be sorted soon too.

Marula Michela said...

Mi dispiace molto per tutti i tuoi problemi di salute... spero tu ti possa consolare con il ricamo che รจ un'ottima cura.

Julie said...

Those type of days happen here often. x

Aurelia Eglantine said...

I call those types of days "Dropsy Days" as in, everything I pick up I drop LOL I hope your eye problems aren't serious and are easily fixable :) It does always seem to be one thing or the other goes wrong, unfortunately. I love the scissors in your picture, I've never seen any like that before and they look to be kind on the hands! The little horse in your cross stitch is so cute too.

Pittoresque said...

I hope your clumsiness streak is over now. (Mine seems to be ever-lasting!)

RJ said...

We are so happy to be your friend Gracie and we will always be here for you. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever