Thursday, June 27, 2019

And the beads go on......

A lovely morning. The  sliders as well as the front door are for now. The temp is expected to be around 106-ish as it was yesterday. The weekend may reach 110, so definitely indoor activity only for me.
Tea and Pizzelles with Glenda yesterday.... good catching up conversation too. Isn't it nice that when friends have not shared company for a bit that when you are together it is as if you visited just yesterday. Glenda and husband Don have been good friends..... she and I shop or have tea and Don teaches and helps me. Great combination.
Today starts the beading for On The Range. I love Mill Hill kits and have been stitching them for years. Usually when you get kits, all threads and beads and even needles are provided. This kit did not have the beading needle, no problem as I have many. The threads for this kit were in some colors just enough. You would think that because the threads which are not specialty threads and inexpensive, would have a bit more than needed... remember, if you must take out then you are running very close or out of thread. Luckily for me on a few of the colors I had my own stash. This is merely a statement not a complaint.... not really. Anyway, onward to the beading today. I love the honey color for the hat outline.
Can you believe that this month is almost over? This week has been like a fast moving train…. the weekend is just about here! As a reminder, Vicki posted on her blog that we have only 26 weeks until Christmas! I have only 2 gifts ready. I really do not have a big gift list so I still have time. Nevertheless, I will buckle down to accomplishing filling my sleigh.
Time for my second cup of coffee... as soon as I get my chores done. Whoever has my House Fairies, I would appreciate you return them so I can just sit and bead. It has been nice chatting with you. Thank you for your kind and caring words. Thank you for your friendship.

7 comments:

Purple Pixie Dust said...

Your house fairies are at my house, they said they where on strike cause you make them work too hard and their little wings are tired. I will send them back next week. Can't wait to see you finish with all the beads on it. big hugs

P.S. I will feed the fairies before I send them back.hugs

Rose Marie said...

Keep cool. High 90's and very humid here. Don't want to leave the house.
Had food poisoning and a bad fibro flareup so I haven't been out in days anyway. How are you doing?

Vickie said...

This looks great! It has been around 90 here and will be for days. I have to stay in if I can so my migraines don't flare up.

butterfly said...

It's hot here too now gracie , I do like hotter weather better that the cold .
Your mill hill stitch is looking great.
Always nice to have friends join for coffee

Mary said...

Pizelles and tea with friends is a wonderful afternoon pastime in your heat! Looking forward to seeing the beading addition. I can't believe the year is almost 1/2 over either! Mary

RJ said...

Love pizelles...it is my husband's favorite cookie.

Just got back home from a nice week at the beach and was so happy to see a new post from you. I always enjoy seeing what you have been up to.

Your needlework is going to be fantastic. Good luck with all that beading. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

Pittoresque said...

How curious, I've always had more than enough floss on my Mill Hill kits. Maybe an error was made when assembling your kit. Great start on the beads!