Sunday, May 19, 2019

A cloudy day......

There is no sunshine … at least not at the moment. Clouds cover the sky and me too. We  have been in a cool down...temps lower than normal...what really is normal? Weather is what it is...changeable at a minutes notice. Winds are expected later today.... just means the chimes will make noise which is not a bad thing.
On Friday mail delivery brought me a package from Catherine at I Love to Stitch blog..... so many beads! Catherine tells me she wanted to share... and she did. She is encouraging me to make a beaded covered needle case...sending me the needle cases and a link to a video on how to do!
If the bead supplies were not enough, she included a bracelet that she created! Goodness on overload. Speaking of mail, I ordered some beads and the expected delivery was to be on Monday coming...I did not check the USPS tracking and it arrived yesterday...while I was out. So now I will need to go to the post office on Monday to pick it up. Oh well. That is okay because I was busy anyway...
I finished another Pod Ornament...this is Butterfly, design by Patti Lamb. I already started another one and know I will be making more. Love making these pods.
Yesterday morning when I opened the verticals in my bedroom I was surprised to se a Dove sleeping in the lanai.... I started him and when he panicked got caught in he net curtain across the front of the lanai. So instead of grabbing my camera I went out to rescue him. That is when I saw that there is already another Dove nesting.... this will be #3. Of course the Dove Kids from the last nesting are still are sitting around the garden..not ready to leave. I have become Dove Sanctuary! I thought about getting out there to sweep today but with winds expected it would be useless. Instead it will be a butterfly pod day.
Robyn and Dave gave me the approval on a new shrimp recipe that I tried. dessert to die for.... we  It was bacon wrapped hot pepper stuffed shrimp. This will definitely be on my frequent to make list. I love shrimp! Last week they sent over a dessert to die for. We share across the courtyard!
Can you believe there are only 2 more days before The Brother Alan and Lisa arrive.....2 days...Tuesday! Not sure what the week will hold but it will be a good week for sure. I only have about 4 or 5...at the moment...things on The Brother To Do List!  It is not too important at the moment for some of these things.... just as long as we enjoy the week.
I am off to do chores s once again the House Faeries  seem to be on vacation. Nice to chat with you today.Thank you for your kind words and for your friendship.
Two years ago today my world came crashing down and never recovered. It has not gotten any easier….my heart is broken and cannot be fixed. 💔I am grateful to those who reached out then and still do now to be there for me.

5 comments:

Vickie said...

Gracie! I am SO impressed with that butterfly pod! LOVE it! Catherine is such a sweetie! Gracie here is a big HUG for you my dear. I am so sorry your heart is still so hurting.

diamondc said...

Gracie: Hugs to you, I am so happy you like what I sent, I hope the bracelet fit and was not to large, if it is let me know I will make another for you.
I love your ornaments, they are lovely.
I do wish we had house fairies here, Monday is laundry day Tuesday is cleaning day ugh.
I am excited your Brother and Lisa are coming in a couple of days.

Hugs
Catherine

Vicki said...

I enjoy seeing the pods you make. You are so creative! The pods are lovely. I am so enjoying this "cool" weather! It is crazy for May, but much appreciated. As I write this your brother will be here tomorrow! Have a great visit, get out and enjoy the awesome weather, have fun with them!

Julie said...

Have a wonderful time with your family visitors. Where have two years gone to {{hugest of hugs}}
xx

Pittoresque said...

Wow, such an amazing bead delivery! You are very lucky to have such good friends.