💔49 years ago yesterday, on April 25, 1970 I married my a special man...Dennis Errol Horton. Yesterday was a hard day missing My Denny and I will go on missing him as long as forever. Yesterday there were tears and feelings of sadness and loneliness. Feelings of anger. Yesterday I looked around and saw...a picture of My Denny and his smile that tickles my heart still, a picture of us on horseback celebrating our anniversary, shelves and shelves of movies that we would watch together, the curio cabinet filled with Southwest objects that we collected and then the knife he bought on the very last time he went on an outing. So many things to remind me of the man I love who is no longer here to smile, or hold my hand or call me Graz. Through the tears there were smiles remembering so many wonderful times we shared. When times were hard or difficult we held each other tightly and promised to be there for one another and we always were. My heart aches but there is the warmth of his love still in my heart. I am lucky...yes lucky... I have so many memories.... memories to help push away the tears and get me through another day. Tomorrows will always be difficult but I will look around and inward and see his smile, hear is voice and feel the warmth of his hand holding mine.
There are so many dates to remember, all of them special. Happy Anniversary Denny.
There are so many dates to remember, all of them special. Happy Anniversary Denny.
13 comments:
Sending a hug!
Grace dear ~ Your beautiful memories are the cherished gifts that will keep alive the love you shared. To be so remembered is to live
on in the hearts of those who loved. You were blessed to have such a
tender relationship.
Gladys Taber wrote, " As for me, I believe we never lose those that we have loved." I thought that was a very poignant line and I truly believe that and your beautiful writing about Denny today shows that truth.
I'm sorry for your loss, Mary
Dear Gracie thank you for sharing your special memories. Your marriage was so beautiful. Hugs and love to you dear friend.
Sending hugs...I'm sure it's hard nad will never be easy, but I know you're strong enough to keep going :)
He is always with you and I know he loves you as much as you loved him. Big Hugs my friend.
Wishing you continued love and peace...thankfully, you have these wonderful memories to cherish!
Warmest regards,
Patricia
Much love and blessings to you dear Grace xxx
I am so proud of your strength Grace....because that is what you have strength. Your Denny is still with you as you say right there in your heart. I pray for you today and every day because I Know how I would feel if I lost my husband....and you are an example of your name: Grace.
Gracie it's been a very long time since I've blogged or read blogs & in searching my old comments to locate your blog I was so glad to have found you still writing and sharing, but....
My heart breaks to discover your anniversary post & the loss of your beloved husband.
There are no words I can place here to capture how much I wish I could say something that would help you, while knowing nothing can ease your pain.....
Try to remember that the depth of pain in loss is the exact depth of love and closeness shared - so only the most special love can cause such heartache when separated. There are few couples that know that kind of love in their life.
I hope our paths cross often once again via our blogs/emails :-)
Issy
Dear Gracie I'm sending love and prayers your way. Your love was so very special. I can feel it in your words. I can feel your heartache. I'm glad you find peace in your loving memories. Your Denny was a very special man. When you speak of him, I feel like I know him. Thank you for sharing with us. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever
My heart goes out to you sweet friend ,to lose our loved ones is the hardest
thing in life ,the pain the anger are part of our healing so they say , maybe they are right , but it hurts so much.
You have the love and prayers of many friends to hold inside your heart you are not on your own my friend . Hugs and xxx
Thinking of you and sending love too. You and Denny had a very special love for each other.
Post a Comment