Friday, January 25, 2019

And the trees came down

The weather here in Arizona is feeling quite nice....temps are expected to reach 70 this weekend.... not bad. I might even get out to work in the garden.  First I will see what the hand surgeon thinks today. Finally get to  see what we will do about this issue. Yesterday was my haircut day...as always April did a nice styling … feels good when you walk out and someone tells you how nice you look.
On Wednesday, three large trees had to be removed form our property...
A large crane arrived as well as the truck for the chipping. It was obvious that these men were ready to work and they took safety well in hand. I will let the pictures tell the story...




This was only two  the tree trunks that were not put into the chipper.
All in all it took about 3 hours total. Unfortunately I went out to "supervise" along with  a few others and only wore a long sleeve cotton shirt. Not a good idea because it was quite chilly. The last 2 days I felt a bit like a cold was happening with me. Took a few cold capsules ad so far all is good.  That about covers my last few days. This afternoon I will be closet cleaning.... that is the plan and I hope I stick to it! Glad to have you stop by today. Thank you for your kind words and for your friendship.

9 comments:

Purple Pixie Dust said...

Those are some big trees. Take care hugs

Carla - Alaska Wolf Pack said...

WOW! Serious tree removal!

I hope you are NOT coming down with anything! Stay hydrated :D

barbara woods said...

send some of those 70's to us here in Ga. expecting 14 next week

Vickie said...

I would take a high in the 70's! We had a high of 3 degrees with a windchill of -29. Blech!

RJ said...

Sounds like great weather Gracie. That was alot of tree trunks that needed to be hauled away. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

butterfly said...

Love your new photo.
That is one big tree .
Enjoy your weekend.

Shelly said...

I can't wait for spring, Gracie. I know things really get warm in the Valley in the spring. Sometimes I think Phoenix doesn't have a spring! Winter straight to summer! Your haircut looks nice on you if that picture of you in the top left hand corner is new. Looks like the tree guys know what they're doing. Have a nice Saturday!

Julie said...

A lovely new pic of you.
Those tree trunks are very wide.

Pittoresque said...

How interesting to see professionals at work! Looks like some nice quality wood, as well. I hope you're feeling better!