So glad to have finished the window.
It is just how I wanted it to be...amazing, I know. We sometimes envision something and in the end it is so different or not as we like. I struggled with the nuts on the vertical mounting. After 14 years they were not coming loose too easily. I was determined to not fall through the window and not fall off the step ladder and with my trusty pair of pliers and a few whacks, the nuts loosen and off they came. Then it was time to put up the rod brackets. You guessed right if you are thinking I had never done this before. I have come a long way these past 19 months. The brackets went quickly and then for the middle support....I called Glenda for advice and then that too was up.
A quick trip to Michael's after receiving an email with a 60% coupon "good for today only". they had the perfect vine … it is a grapevine style which I attached to the 3 vertical brackets that were left. I had already purchased 3 bunches of lavender sprigs and took them apart to be single sprigs and voilà...finished. The vine will remain and the sprigs changed out for the seasons. The window is pleasing to me and a nice look for the kitchen.
Met up with Dianna and Bobby to get something to eat on Friday night. Good conversation and great company.
The weather today is beautiful ----sorry to The Brother Alan and all in New England area--- and the front door is open and the sun is warm. The birds are chatting and enjoying the hummer feeder. I am thinking of hanging another feeder outside my bedroom window. I am feeling brave with the step ladder. I went to use the drill yesterday and it needed charging and it will be ready to put up a hook. The other drill is ready but I cannot get the screw bit out! It is locked in really tight. So, I can wait.
Happy to chat with you today. Thank you for the kind words and for your friendship.
It is just how I wanted it to be...amazing, I know. We sometimes envision something and in the end it is so different or not as we like. I struggled with the nuts on the vertical mounting. After 14 years they were not coming loose too easily. I was determined to not fall through the window and not fall off the step ladder and with my trusty pair of pliers and a few whacks, the nuts loosen and off they came. Then it was time to put up the rod brackets. You guessed right if you are thinking I had never done this before. I have come a long way these past 19 months. The brackets went quickly and then for the middle support....I called Glenda for advice and then that too was up.
A quick trip to Michael's after receiving an email with a 60% coupon "good for today only". they had the perfect vine … it is a grapevine style which I attached to the 3 vertical brackets that were left. I had already purchased 3 bunches of lavender sprigs and took them apart to be single sprigs and voilà...finished. The vine will remain and the sprigs changed out for the seasons. The window is pleasing to me and a nice look for the kitchen.
Met up with Dianna and Bobby to get something to eat on Friday night. Good conversation and great company.
The weather today is beautiful ----sorry to The Brother Alan and all in New England area--- and the front door is open and the sun is warm. The birds are chatting and enjoying the hummer feeder. I am thinking of hanging another feeder outside my bedroom window. I am feeling brave with the step ladder. I went to use the drill yesterday and it needed charging and it will be ready to put up a hook. The other drill is ready but I cannot get the screw bit out! It is locked in really tight. So, I can wait.
Happy to chat with you today. Thank you for the kind words and for your friendship.
6 comments:
I truly take my hat off to you Grace at how much you've achieved and the many skills you have acquired along the way. Good for you:-)
Bravo Gracie! You did great. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever
Your window looks just wonderful.
Well done gracie.
I love this Gracie! It is so pretty!
That's beautiful! You really have an eye for decorating.
Your window is very nice! You should be very proud of all you've accomplished. Denny must be smiling.
Post a Comment