Well, They are back in Rhode Island and I am missing them. My last text from Lisa was that they landed and it was raining..... While they were here the temps were hot but a couple of times comfortable enough to sit out in the lanai. We had a good time as always and saying goodbye was tearful. We definitely kept busy but had relaxing time also. I bet you are saying...right you did. Really we did.
The new fridge finally arrived on Saturday
We need a little tweaking but it is in. Now I can refill with food. We did not starve by any means as we ate out several times … Alan did cook twice!
I had mentioned to The Brother that I thought moving the desk in to the living room (plenty of room) might be nice and as he agreed the move of furniture began. You know me, it will involve more than just one item.

The curio first then the bookcase oh and then the two bookcases had to move and finally the desk was in place. Alan then moved the computer to the table behind the desk and we now have it all set, an open office space. This then opened an area in the large kitchen/dining area. When I talked to them about this furniture move I mentioned my next idea which would eventually mean a new dining set and ….before long it was ordered
And it arrived Tuesday morning not long before they left. The work island will arrive soon and will be on the opposite side of the kitchen. Eventually a rug will be under the table area.
Did I mention that the pond is working again?
Getting right in there and giving it a good cleaning. The wildlife is happy to have it back and the resident bunny is too. The bunny is living under the grass to the right of Alan next to the pond. I have not seen the second bunny....so maybe it is just the one...hope it is just the one and not a warren starting.
Well, I did not do any beading so I will get back to finishing my Rose Star soon. Glad you stopped by for a visit and I will be around to visit with you soon. thank you for the kind words and for your friendship....
****DebbieB....I loved the card you sent! We will return to our daily emails real soon!
The new fridge finally arrived on Saturday
We need a little tweaking but it is in. Now I can refill with food. We did not starve by any means as we ate out several times … Alan did cook twice!
I had mentioned to The Brother that I thought moving the desk in to the living room (plenty of room) might be nice and as he agreed the move of furniture began. You know me, it will involve more than just one item.
The curio first then the bookcase oh and then the two bookcases had to move and finally the desk was in place. Alan then moved the computer to the table behind the desk and we now have it all set, an open office space. This then opened an area in the large kitchen/dining area. When I talked to them about this furniture move I mentioned my next idea which would eventually mean a new dining set and ….before long it was ordered
And it arrived Tuesday morning not long before they left. The work island will arrive soon and will be on the opposite side of the kitchen. Eventually a rug will be under the table area.
Did I mention that the pond is working again?
Getting right in there and giving it a good cleaning. The wildlife is happy to have it back and the resident bunny is too. The bunny is living under the grass to the right of Alan next to the pond. I have not seen the second bunny....so maybe it is just the one...hope it is just the one and not a warren starting.
Well, I did not do any beading so I will get back to finishing my Rose Star soon. Glad you stopped by for a visit and I will be around to visit with you soon. thank you for the kind words and for your friendship....
****DebbieB....I loved the card you sent! We will return to our daily emails real soon!
7 comments:
The open office space looks great. And I like your new dining set. Sometimes when we move furniture around it gives a fresh feeling to the house, doesn't it? I can imagine how hard it is to say good-bye. At least we live in the age of Skype or video chats so we can "see" our loved ones on a regular basis. That's a huge blessing!
I agree with Vicki everything looks great. Love your new fridge.
Atleast the pond is back to working order. Big hugs
You do get your money's worth out of the Brother Alan when he comes to visit! I was so pleased to hear they plan to move closer to you.
You can move the furniture every week then LOL
What a wonderful post. So much goodness was accomplished. Your home is set up so nice now. :)
Gracie, I'm so glad you had such a nice visit with brother Alan and Lisa. Your refrigerator is beautiful...nice and large too. And your kitchen set is so pretty. Best wishes with both. So happy you were able to get alot done too. I know you can't wait until they move to Arizona. It will be so wonderful. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever
So much achieved in the week your visitors were with you, all looking wonderful.
Wow, a lot of change! You certainly had a productive time. I'm so glad your pond is back in working order!
Post a Comment