Last night another monsoon storm rolled in....first the winds which were around 60- 80 miles per hour!, then thunder with rain and lightening. I once again put myself in my bedroom where I can hide from the lightening...maybe it should be sound proof too. The thunder felt like it was on my roof. I shut down all my electronics and kept the flash light at hand when the first flicker of the lights happened. Did not loose lights but the storm rattled on for some time. I really expected to have more debris in the garden but not so. Since it was just about 6 am when I went to check and the sun was not around yet....
I did find the morning moon so bright white against the blue sky. I thought well why not try the pond idea. I know you are saying~~~ "oh no" and you are right. Yesterday I went to Home Depot to get AC filters and the new smoke detectors and I bought a pond plant basket. I know it is not the right size but I just want to see if the idea works. I will check on line to order a larger one.
The idea is that it is covering the well area and will trap most of the larger debris so the pump does not clog and the perforated basket will allow the water to circulate. We shall see how this works. In the meantime.....I thought I should go back in and put a pair of shorts on and my garden sneakers....should not work on the pond in pajamas and my Nike slides. Of course I was right....I slipped at the pond edge...you thought something like this would happen didn't you? All the while a hummer was buzzing about and a few bees.
I did find the morning moon so bright white against the blue sky. I thought well why not try the pond idea. I know you are saying~~~ "oh no" and you are right. Yesterday I went to Home Depot to get AC filters and the new smoke detectors and I bought a pond plant basket. I know it is not the right size but I just want to see if the idea works. I will check on line to order a larger one.
The idea is that it is covering the well area and will trap most of the larger debris so the pump does not clog and the perforated basket will allow the water to circulate. We shall see how this works. In the meantime.....I thought I should go back in and put a pair of shorts on and my garden sneakers....should not work on the pond in pajamas and my Nike slides. Of course I was right....I slipped at the pond edge...you thought something like this would happen didn't you? All the while a hummer was buzzing about and a few bees.
So, I took a one leg bath! The pond is very slanted from the edge to the center....I did know this. So, the pond is back on and I have showered and it is only 6:45 am. While I was visiting HD I looked at the refrigerators…. saw a couple that liked. My friend Bobby (Dianna's hubby) was working so helped me pick out the smoke detectors. Of course the mounting for the new ones is different than the ones up now. I think it will not be my task to climb a ladder and replace these. Not sure if the AC filters need to be replaced but I will check that today.
My wind sock and the Dragonfly dangle are all caught up from the winds....the tomato plant broke and now is in the trash....but that is all and not bad to deal with. The temp will be back to 107-ish today and of course some humidity. We expect this with the monsoon season....June to September. I have no errands so I will be sitting inside keeping cool. I think today is a--- look at the craft books and magazines kind of day. I have had enough excitement for the day. Glad you stopped by and I thank you for your kind words and for your friendship. A cup of coffee would be nice...….
4 comments:
We got the dust and a little wind. It took almost 2 hours, I think, for the dust to totally pass thru. That was a HUGE dust wall! We didn't get any rain, unfortunately. Glad you didn't have any more damage than you did.
Good grief! Take it easy today my friend.❤️
Yes please take it easy Gracie. On a lighter subject...your shoes are adorable! RJ
I think using a basket to protect the pump is a great idea! I hope it works and you don't have to take another involuntary bath too soon.
Post a Comment