One year, 365 days, 12 months, 8760 hours………
One year ago today Dennis left the mortals behind, after
giving all that knew him many wonderful years of friendship, advice and
listening as well as a dry sense of humor. It was 47 years for me. As you can tell
I am writing this today and cannot begin to speak for anyone else, so I will
share my thoughts.
I was a young preteen when Grace and Dennis began their
journey together, I spent countless weekends at their house and many more just
stop overs. I seemed to always have key no matter where they lived and was to
come and go as I please. I have my love of movies from being with Dennis and
fine audio equipment. I recall when I was younger Dennis telling me many
interesting fact about the movies we watched and at that time I thought it was
astounding, 48 years later I love movies especially old ones and now regale Lisa
with much trivia, as he once did for me.
The journey many of us took a year ago does not need to be
explained, it was what it was, we mourned laughed and Grace was a great support
for me, yes she supported me.
As I close this thought Dennis will always be part of my
life you can’t dismiss 47 years of memories, trips, movies and relaxing in the
yard. He helped shape my life. I could
go on and on with memories anecdotes but just to say he impacted my life is
enough.
Until Next time…………..Alan

10 comments:
Thank you for being here for me during this last year and those final times....
I will always be here for you. love Lynda Ruth
Can't believe it's been a year. So happy you hv a good support group.😘
The year has gone by so quick.
Our loved ones are always in our hearts .
It's lovely to read how Denny was a big part of your life too. I am so pleased Gracie has had you and Lisa alongside her this last year.
Counting down until your next visit!
What a wonderful post Alan.
Thank you Brother Alan for the beautiful words.
Happy memories are so precious to us all of those we hold dear in our hearts.
love to you all x
So good to know that you and Gracie were such a help for each other during the last year.
I'm glad you and Gracie are there to support each other. It must be a difficult time for both of you.
Post a Comment