Of course it is almost official summer and Arizona has been hot for some time now. We actually had a little rain and the temps have been under 100!
The sun is hot and bright so I look for shade and find shadows. the wind is tossing the chimes and buoy bell so there is music in the garden. None of the birds are around mid-day. I guess they are resting in the Ficus tree to stay in the shade. The Dove babies are being watched in the nest and are growing quickly.
The Fire Cracker glows bright orange in the sunlight. Sometimes a finch will take refuge among the branches but not today. Not even the Hummingbird is searching the blooms for nectar..... just too hot.
Yesterday I was busy with the beaded ornaments.
This is with a smoky grey round drop bead. Looks fancy. The seed beads (which are hard to see) are a metallic blue. Guess you will have to take my word for it... it is prettier than the picture. This morning I finished another one
I used dark black/grey seed beads and the drops are onyx black. I like this one. What color will be next... not sure yet. I am sure someone will like these.
Each year the 19 Palm trees on our community property need to be trimmed. 9 of them are in my courtyard area.
The first time I watched this I was fascinated. First of all to scale this extremely tall swaying palm is one thing but then to be using both a small chain saw and a small machete like blade to trim the heavy fronds...well, I still find myself drawn to watch. It is a dangerous job and every so often a man will be injured or worse die while doing this.
The Palm is transformed from a large billowing top to just a skimpy few fronds. It does not take long before they replenish themselves. All the while the trimming is happening, dozens of Grackles will scour the ground for the insects that also fall and of course the seeds...the fluffy white fronds. Within a few minutes the tree is done and he move to the next and other guys gather and shred the fronds. They appear and trim and then the clean and are gone. It was a cloudy but humid day for these guys.
Seems strange to be posting so late in my day but I was just lazy this morning. I still feel lazy! Always nice to chat with you when you stop by. Thank you for the kind words and for your friendship.
For some reason Blogger is acting up today...not accepting typing and spacing. So, before I really loose my patience I will say ciao...adios....off I go.


7 comments:
Oh my Grace, what a dangerous job. Over here that wouldn't be allowed due to health and safety - we have so many rules and regulations I sometimes feel that this country has gone mad.
Ornaments are beautiful. Palm tree trimming sounds like quite a project. I don't blame you for watching. I hope they are well paid. Stay cool.
Another beautiful ornament.
Great pictures showing the dangerous job of palm trimming. I'm sure only a few can do that.
Lovely ornaments you are making gracie.
I love palm trees .
Your ornaments are gorgeous... the black/grey one in particular!
What a scarey job for the men to trim the palms.
The grey/black beaded one is very elegant.
More pretty baubles! Have you thought about doing one with a base colour other than white?
Post a Comment