Monday, May 21, 2018

Busy hands

The hotter temps are returning...guess the cool down is over. By next week these 90s will become the 100s again. So I decided to get a few plants ....
Added to my Geraniums out front a bright yellow African Marigold and a welcome flag. The rock is new to the garden.
Toward the front of the garden is mixed Celosia. Just some color to fill the pots. This area is newly planted with a few grasses also the hopefully will begin to grow and fill out the area a bit.
I also planted in the back garden...
a new cherry tomato plant and herbs; basil, lemon thyme and Italian oregano. I prefer to have the tomato during the winter when the temps are not so hot but sometimes it does well at this time of year....we shall see.
I found this Southwest flag for the back garden....
I cut back the Penstemon and have the pods to dry for seeds. They do reseed themselves anywhere they like but I thought a few seeds to add here and there.
On Friday I went for an individual class for wire wrapping a cabochon....
I had wanted to wrap it in silver but the teacher who supplied the wire did not have silver with her. I think it looks good anyway. Now to try one on my own. I also want to learn to wrap a stone differently, more like freeform wrapping. Now that I have the basic lesson I will check out U-tube for directions...this was the only wire wrap class she teaches.
How about a reveal?
I found a moment when the parent left so I could take the picture. They are about a week old...I think. I just happened to see a little head pop up before I took the picture. Once they are about a week old the parents can skip away for a bit. If this season is like last year, these parents will continue to nest here for a few more times.
I have been tatting! That will be tomorrow's show and tell. For now, this is what has been going on around here. Thank you for stopping by and for your kind words. Most of all thank you for your encouragement regarding my last post. Your friendship means so much. Off I go now to do.... not sure what but something.

4 comments:

butterfly said...

Lovely post sweet friend , have a lovely day .

Vickie said...

What a wonderful necklace Gracie! I will love seeing the baby Doves grow with you. :)

Chookyblue...... said...

The garden is growing well ......

Pittoresque said...

The wire wrapping looks great, I'm looking forward to seeing what else you'll make!