Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Technology ....

A lovely morning except for my telephone conversation with Cox Communications. Last evening the TV in my bedroom displayed "no signal" and resetting the cable box and unplugging/plugging did nothing to fix the issue. So I called them this morning. First I wanted to give them my new phone number then I wanted the box reset. Cox conversation: "you do not have phone service with us"....yes, I know but this is the number to associate with the account. "There will be a $25.00 charge to change your number"....no, because I do not have phone service with you but do have a cell number to use for the account information. "Okay, there will be no charge." I am showing you have no cable service to your home"....no, I do have cable service in my living  room just not the bedroom. "Well I am showing no connections at all" I will send someone out to you". So, that is how I have started the morning.
The temp is nice at mid 60s but the plan is for a hot mid to high 90s and yes, the air was on yesterday for a short time as the inside temp was hitting 85.
So many like the Bottle Brush Tree that I thought I would show you a closer look...
Each brush is about 5 inches long and very fluffy. They are also very sticky when they start to fall off the tree. The pink blooms separate from the branch.
I love the intricate bloom! I have sent blooms/seeds to a few friends but no one has let me know if they are able to seed them to grow. The birds like the tree and the blooms look pretty swaying in the breeze from the ends of the long branches.
The Sweet Memory is in bloom again cascading over the wall. One of my favorites...actually I have lots of favorites in the garden.
I was back at the stash clearing yesterday.....seems like this will take forever. I will get this accomplished!
Thank you for the concern regarding me and the rug and the lights....I do plan on asking for help with both projects....well at least with the rug. The lights I can do and will be extra careful with the task. Right now I think breakfast is next on my to do list and another cup of coffee. Then the garden to be swept. then there is a new footstool in the house that needs some TLC.
Glad you stopped by today. I hope to have some stitching and tatting to show tomorrow. Thank you for your kind words and for your friendship.
****special note for LisaW....I will get out for the horse fabric tomorrow.... this is going to be a fun project!

7 comments:

Purple Pixie Dust said...

Cox Communications sounds like a pain in your " ". You know what I mean. No help ever. I like your Bottle Brush Tree. wonder if it would grow here. I would love to try and grow some seeds.Love the Sweet Memory climbing over the wall. Love the purples. Have a great day. Big hugs.

Vicki said...

Yeah, we gave up on Cox for our TV several years ago... We still have them for our phone and computer. Since Dan's business is in our home it's more difficult to make the move from Cox on the phone/computer. I hope they will get your TV back on soon!

Bottle brush trees are so lovely. We've had them at other houses and enjoyed them. Your Sweet Memory is gorgeous. I'll have to look for one. We need to plant two vines on the west side of our yard. It's shaded by the 2-story house next door so I'm not too worried about heat/sunlight.

Enjoy today!

butterfly said...

Oh we have the same here with phone and TV , best to get the repair man in or you could go mad on the phone ha.
Lovely flower bushes .
Hugs.

Julie said...

We've looked at the bottle brush plant many times at the garden centre but DH is not too keen in it.... perhaps this year he'll give in and let us have one ha ha xx

diamondc said...

Gracie: I am so sorry you are having such trouble, we do not have Cox in our area, we have Direct TV and Dish only, so sorry you are having such problems, make sure they do not charge you for being a new customer that happened to my mother and sister in law even tho they had been subscribers for ten years.
Thank-you for sharing your lovely floral photos.

Blessings
Catherine

Vickie said...

Oh such pretty blooms! I hope your technology woes are gone!!

Pittoresque said...

That's not a fun way to start a day at all! I hope you got your TV problems figured out.