Monday, April 9, 2018

Monday morning....

Sun is shining and it is going to be another very warm day..... in the low 90s. Maybe 99 on Wednesday. The weather forecast says we are in for a cool down on Thursday.... in the 80s! The winds have been picking up these last days and with it itchy eyes.

The garden is a daily mess and the pond, well let's just say the little duckies are floating upside down. This morning large black crow was in the top of the pond drinking and announcing his arrival.
I found a lovely rug yesterday (while out with Glenda and Don) for my bedroom... but I would have to repaint the walls. I do intend to do this but not until this coming winter. The issue is that the rug may not be available then and it is now.... seriously thinking of getting it now and living with the off décor colors for awhile. Of course, I cannot lift the darn rug myself which means I will need help to get it not only to the car but into the room!
The embroidery is slowly moving along. I have the outside stitching left to do before sewing the heavy thread through the channels. I am working on this while going through the sash. Still have the beautiful book up for grabs from this post.  Most of what I will be posting is booklets. So if you are interested in adding to your stash be sure to check in.
How about my alien Snail Vine?!
There is no arbor any more.... no walking under the arbor. Yes, I could trim it out but it is just so pretty and full of blooms. Yes, everyday I sweep the fallen blooms. I do not mind ...they actually look pretty strewn on the brick. Eventually the heat will really be in full mode and I will trim it back.
Well dear friends I must finish my coffee and do some household chores so then I can get out to he lanai to finish trying to string the light set that I bought yesterday. Nails, hammer and the step ladder...oh me oh my. Thank you for taking the time to visit and for your kind words. Thank you most of all for your friendship.

6 comments:

Purple Pixie Dust said...

You have been waiting a long time for your snail vine to get to where it is now. I love it. Better get lots of help with that rug. You don't want to hurt yourself. big hugs still waiting to see spring.

Julie said...

Have a lovely day, it's raining here AGAIN!

Tiffstitch said...

Wow, we're at 32F today again... April in VT is not for wimps. Your snail vine looks amazing!

Vickie said...

Promise us you will be good and get help with that rug Gracie!!

It is snowing here right now. :(

Mary said...

Please be careful on that ladder!! Your snail vine is truly amazing! It must love the heat!

Pittoresque said...

Your snail vine is beautiful. I couldn't trim it either if it was in my garden.