Yesterday arrived and left.... other than laundry and housework I did nothing...zip.... except the bread.
I thought I would make a Cinnamon Bread. The option was to complete it in the machine or in the oven. Either way after the dough was made and first rise it had to be taken out of the machine and then the cinnamon and melted butter added then put bake in the machine to bake, so I decided to just keep it out and bake it in the oven. First of all it was easy but I will not be making it again. It is just okay. I think it had far too much cinnamon and does not hold the roll well. Not bad in the toaster oven. Much better to just buy it in the market. Later I will make a White Country loaf.
I picked up the tatting a few times then for what ever reason it was laid down and nothing done with it. Right now laundry is swishing and I forgot where I laid down the phone! I will try using the tablet to call myself. The weather is going to be in the low 90s again today so outside early to sit but actually I have errands to run so no time to do that.
The Bottle Brush tree in front of my window is in full bloom
It is a large tree that is lovely when blooming. Once the flowers fall it can be messy but I still love it.
I am hoping to post this weekend a few books/patterns that must leave my house....right now I should make the bed and put a brush to my hair so I can leave the house for quick errands. The sooner I get things done the sooner I can sit outside and tat and read. Thank you for stopping by and for the kind words. Thank you most of all for your friendship.
I thought I would make a Cinnamon Bread. The option was to complete it in the machine or in the oven. Either way after the dough was made and first rise it had to be taken out of the machine and then the cinnamon and melted butter added then put bake in the machine to bake, so I decided to just keep it out and bake it in the oven. First of all it was easy but I will not be making it again. It is just okay. I think it had far too much cinnamon and does not hold the roll well. Not bad in the toaster oven. Much better to just buy it in the market. Later I will make a White Country loaf.
I picked up the tatting a few times then for what ever reason it was laid down and nothing done with it. Right now laundry is swishing and I forgot where I laid down the phone! I will try using the tablet to call myself. The weather is going to be in the low 90s again today so outside early to sit but actually I have errands to run so no time to do that.
The Bottle Brush tree in front of my window is in full bloom
It is a large tree that is lovely when blooming. Once the flowers fall it can be messy but I still love it.
I am hoping to post this weekend a few books/patterns that must leave my house....right now I should make the bed and put a brush to my hair so I can leave the house for quick errands. The sooner I get things done the sooner I can sit outside and tat and read. Thank you for stopping by and for the kind words. Thank you most of all for your friendship.
3 comments:
I have never heard of a bottle bush but it is lovely. I know some times you make something and it just dosen't taste as good as you thought it would. We have got high winds he today and Dave has been back to work since Tuesday, I hope he is not fighting too much with his stop sign. I am glad that I have retired. Had a bad stomach yesterday and was glad that I was not working. Back is achy today too. I think I am just going to relax today and try and finish baby David's sweather. Big hugs love
Have a great day.
Love to you Gracie, I hope you got your errands done and we're able to rest and relax the day away
That blooming tree is gorgeous! And cinnamon bread sounds delicious.
Post a Comment