Friday, April 6, 2018

Early morning darkness

One of the  things I like about the early morning is the solitude. I look out to the garden and  the spotlights shine here and there. Then I wonder...are the lizards out for a walk? Where did the birds spend the evening hours? Are all the bees sleeping in the Snail Vine? All this while sipping my coffee. Then I simply put all that aside and think about the day ahead. I know, too much thinking! It is quiet and the tick of the kitchen clock is the sound as I sit here and type.
This is special to me. Dennis and I found it about 25 years ago while still living in Rhode Island. It is a watercolor on canvas clock painted by John A Simonetti titled, Main Street, Wickford, RI. It is the actual shops along the street...not sure if they are still the same but at the time one was a bead and knit shop where I enjoyed going to. A reminder of days gone by.
Yesterday was out to the bank, the jeweler and shopping for groceries. Then I sat out on the lanai and read for awhile...until I felt too warm to stay outside.
While I sat outside I baked a basic country white bread....it was so delicious warm with a slather of butter.  This is the new slicer and knife that I bought while The Brother Alan was here. It certainly makes slicing the homemade bread easier. Later, in the early evening I managed to clean the garden and put the sweeping out with this mornings trash. When the temps are in the 90s or more chores outside are at early morn or late afternoon.
Today will be more of the organize the stash stuff. I will be posting some of the must go stuff this weekend. I also came across a few things started but laid aside while Denny was in ill that I really need to work on. I have been thinking of what to do with some of the things I have stitched....give them away or store them... you can only have so many things out of display. Now that I do not have the extra room for display, I need to decide. Oh well..... to much thinking for this early hour. That about covers my early morning. It sure is nice to have you stop by. Thank you for the kind words and for your friendship. 

7 comments:

Vickie said...

I imagine that clock gives you very, very good memories Gracie. It is so pretty. Have a super day my friend!

Purple Pixie Dust said...

I love your clock and the bread slicer. Don't overdue today. big hugs

Vicki said...

Love the slicer - I can certainly see how it would make slicing bread more efficient. I'm terrible at slicing bread, cake, pies, whatever. I'm always crooked! Are you enjoying going through your stash or does it feel like a chore?

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I'm so behind on my blog reading but I promise I read them all!
That's a lovely clock with so many memories.
I like to scrapbook my finished pieces if I don't frame them to go out on display. Then you can leaf through the book and remember stitching each piece.

Kaisievic said...

Such a pretty clock, how nice to have it as a memento of your time together on Rhode Island. A lovely, reflective post, Gracie.

Julie said...

I often find a ticking clock comforting, yours is very pretty

Pittoresque said...

That sure is a pretty clock. I can understand why it's special to you.