Friday, March 9, 2018

The visit so far....



Well hello friends. No I am not among the missing....just having a good time. Alan and Lisa arrived on Tuesday. I received an email very early from him saying they missed the flight!~ Luckily they were able to catch the very next one and honestly they still arrived around the same time....and of course missed the East Coast storm. Now we hear there may be a new storm brewing for Monday/Tuesday....gee, they may have to stay another day longer...awwww.
Wednesday was our day trip into Scottsdale and yesterday we visited the Botanical Garden.
This is a Chihuly sculpture as you enter the garden. There were many more pictures taken but this will do for now.
Did I mention that on the first evening here Alan and Lisa and I went to Best Buy
I am now in the correct century with my cell phone! Going from the old flip no test to a Samsung yes I can text you now has been fun. I am all set up and since it is very much like my tablet I know lots of the in and outs.
Today I will be relaxing while they go horseback riding. I also will be making bread for us to have with the beef stew that I am also making for tonight. Alan cooked Shrimp Mozambique...delicious.
So that will be it for now as I have a few things to do like packing them a small cooler with extra water. The temp will be around 80 today. Glad you stopped by and thank you for your kind words and always for your friendship. You will no doubt be hearing from Alan soon.

14 comments:

Rose Marie said...

Sounds like you're having a wonderful visit. Beautiful weather, fully here. 50's and sunny, but that's ok, I'll take it.

Janice said...

Great news....a visit and a new phone!! Lol
You'll have to put in my number and we can text often. So happy. Enjoy your time with Alan and Lisa and the nice weather ❤

Purple Pixie Dust said...

I want to go horse backing riding too. Glad they are having a great time. You better remember to pace yourself. You still have sore legs to contend with. I know you are having the best time. We just had another snow storm here yesterday and now it is raining. March is coming in like a lion and I do hope he goes out like a lamb. Say hi to brother Alan and Lisa for me. Yah, it would be terrible if they had to stay an extra day. oh gee. Big hugs to you all. love Lynda Ruth

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I was wondering how your visit was going!
I am sure you are having a wonderful time with the Brother Ålan and the Lovely Lisa too.

Vickie said...

I am so glad the visit is going well! And a new cell phone! I don't even a cell phone! ;) Have a super night you three!

Vicki said...

Sounds like you're all enjoying your visit!

shirley flavell said...

Wonderful, so happy your brother and partner are with you. Have fun. These phones can get a bit tricky. My husband sticks to his little old one and not interested in the new fancy computer type ones. I have a smart phone that I'm not sure that I have really ever liked or perhaps it's a case of not knowing how to drive the stupid thing.

diamondc said...

Hi Gracie: I am sure you are having a great time with Alan and Lisa there.
Oh my beef stew, my mouth is watering and homemade bread on top of it oh my.
I do wish it would hit 80 here hopefully soon very soon.

Blessings
Catherine

rosey175 said...

Hooray for the visit! And hooray for the Galaxy upgrade! Texting is such a nice thing.

butterfly said...


So happy you are having fun with your family .
Have a lovely weekend hugs .

Mary said...

You are having a lovely time with your family. Congrats on the new phone, I never thought I would text but it certainly can come in handy. Oh, I would love the Botanical Garden visit. I went this past fall to see the Chihuly exhibit at the Bronx Botanical Gardens, it was amazing! Enjoy the rest of your time together. Mary

Julie said...

I hope you are enjoying lots of happy times and fun

RJ said...

Sounds like a great visit Gracie. I'm so happy you are all enjoying yourselves. I bet the Botanical Garden visit was beautiful. Enjoy your new phone. I recently just got my first cell phone...still learning the ropes. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

Pittoresque said...

Welcome in the current decase of cellphone technilogy ;) I'm glad to hear the three of you have been having a good time.