What a beautiful morning...the sliders and front door are open and the air is perfect. Dust levels are still down due to the rain we had which I think amounted to about/if at all 1/4 inch!
I finished the tatted snowflake
This is Alison from Jennifer Williams book. Just need to tuck in the threads and starch it. I am really enjoying these snowflakes. My branch is getting quite full.
Yesterday I was determined to tackle the pond repair myself. I know I can always call Don and he will help me but I do not want to take advantage of him and Glenda. She and I enjoy sitting with a cup of tea or out to Mimi's for lunch...that is what we did on Wednesday....Dennis did not like going there and Don does not like going there so we enjoy going there! Anyway, I had already used the sump pump (which was found when I cleaned the garage) and that was easy enough. Now the task was to be able to reconnect the pump to the pipe in the bottom of the pond.
The pond is not a big pond.. thank goodness because I had to get into it to attach the pump. It is in the corner of the garden. Once I got it together (took about 10 minutes for my hands to work) I tested it with some added water and voilà!
the pump did not come apart and the water started to fall over the rocks! I did it but golly! The grass patches are floating and the ducks are swimming.
While the pond was filling I swept the garden and pulled up the string beans which stopped producing. I need to get a few annuals for added color and replace a plant or two. Then it was inside to toss out a couple of plants that were 14 years old and were not well at all. The tomato plant still has some green tomatoes so I will leave it for now.
All in all it was a very productive day. Today is a relax and tat day and since it is so beautiful out in the garden I may just sit out there. Not getting my hopes up, but I have been seeing Doves in the garden again....maybe...
So glad that you stopped by today. Thank you for your kind words and for your friendship.
I finished the tatted snowflake
This is Alison from Jennifer Williams book. Just need to tuck in the threads and starch it. I am really enjoying these snowflakes. My branch is getting quite full.
Yesterday I was determined to tackle the pond repair myself. I know I can always call Don and he will help me but I do not want to take advantage of him and Glenda. She and I enjoy sitting with a cup of tea or out to Mimi's for lunch...that is what we did on Wednesday....Dennis did not like going there and Don does not like going there so we enjoy going there! Anyway, I had already used the sump pump (which was found when I cleaned the garage) and that was easy enough. Now the task was to be able to reconnect the pump to the pipe in the bottom of the pond.
The pond is not a big pond.. thank goodness because I had to get into it to attach the pump. It is in the corner of the garden. Once I got it together (took about 10 minutes for my hands to work) I tested it with some added water and voilà!
the pump did not come apart and the water started to fall over the rocks! I did it but golly! The grass patches are floating and the ducks are swimming.
While the pond was filling I swept the garden and pulled up the string beans which stopped producing. I need to get a few annuals for added color and replace a plant or two. Then it was inside to toss out a couple of plants that were 14 years old and were not well at all. The tomato plant still has some green tomatoes so I will leave it for now.
All in all it was a very productive day. Today is a relax and tat day and since it is so beautiful out in the garden I may just sit out there. Not getting my hopes up, but I have been seeing Doves in the garden again....maybe...
So glad that you stopped by today. Thank you for your kind words and for your friendship.
*****Can it be? Just 3 more days?????*****
7 comments:
Have you any fish in your pond and what happened to your fish in the house. Are they still alive. I like your snowflake is it hard to make. Would love to try it with my needle. I hope the doves nest for you and there are babies. Big hugs from sunny New Brunswick.
The snowflake is lovely!! I'm so envious of your weather as we are in the midst of another snowstorm. Have a great weekend! Mary@stitchingfriendsforever
Believe it or not we have a window open here too. But it is very sunny, and the bakery keeps it warm up here!!
Hooray for the pond! Good job Gracie!
Gracie, your snowflake came out so beautiful. I love how you make these. It may have to be a new craft I try to learn. Good for you on getting the pump to work and getting the pond all cleaned out. You deserve a day for just tatting after accomplishing the pond clean up. Have a lovely weekend. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever
Lovely snowflake!
These tatted snowflakes are so delicate, just adorable.
Congrats on fixing the pump.
Well done fixing the pump yourself.
Post a Comment