Wednesday, February 28, 2018

There was rain in The Valley of the Sun

The sun is shining and there is a nip in the air...okay it is down right chilly out there. We had rain yesterday on and off but it was raining and I can prove it
The tomato has a drop still clinging....
the Snail vine has bubbles on the flowers
the Fire Cracker bush is holding on to a last drop
Everywhere I look there are rain drops still holding on and soon the sun will dry them all up. I love being in the garden after a rain. Everything looks bright and fresh and there are water diamonds everywhere you look. Soon it will be time to prune a few of the plants to get ready for summer. Now all my tools for the garden are sharp and ready. Later today...maybe...the pond will get some attention. I have the pump and will drain it so I can get it working again.
I did finish my snowflake yesterday...
This is Alison form Janet Williams book. I will wash it and then starch it and tuck in the threads and it will be ready to hang. I really enjoy the patterns in this book. Right now I prefer to tat than to stitch.
I know this is the shortest month but has it really come to the last day?! It seems like it just arrived and now it is time to write in March and start a new countdown. The winds of March ...
Well, enough of that. I need to get a move on and get the house in order. The House Faeries are on strike so it is up to me. Thank you for visiting and for your kind words. Thank you for your friendship too.
*****I think there are only 5...oh my...yes, 5 days left*****

7 comments:

Cactusneedle said...

I heard it coming down pretty good some time between 10 and 11 last night. The cats ran for cover (that's a whole other story lol). I have the doors open today to let the fresh air and breeze pass through. It is a bit chilly but loving it.

Purple Pixie Dust said...

I would like rain warm rain instead of snow. big hugs

Clare-Aimetu said...

Beautiful tatting - the rain can freshen everything up

RJ said...

Gracie that tomato looks so good and ready for picking. Love your tatting...it came out so pretty. It is very warm here in Florida...too warm for this time of they year. Hard to believe it is the last day of February. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

Vicki said...

Your post-rain photos are great! I love the smell of the air after it rains. No dust in the air for at least a little while and then back to normal. I'm really looking forward to the warmer weather. I have not enjoyed this late "winter". It's been a long two weeks! hahaha

Julie said...

You captured the tomato perfectly with its rain shower.
Pretty tatted motif
Not long to wait Gracie ...

Brigitte said...

This tomato just looks so delicious that I'd love to grab and eat it immediately, lol.