Wednesday, January 10, 2018

What next ? ! ?

I  decided to work in the garden yesterday
and this was the result of trying for 1 hour to connect 2 drip lines. Lots of bad words seemed to float around the yard. Thank goodness for Don who came over and in 15 minutes had both lines attached.
Then it was to finish my tatting
The snowflake is finished, not perfect but complete and needs a bit of blocking. I had hoped to make another one today....we shall see if the hand is healed enough. Then the rains came....yes indeed they did. Of course almost always at night and they did not disappoint.
It pored, the wind blew everything, the chimes sang merrily  and look at the metal plant hanger over the pond how it moved! The Fountain Grass which stands 5 feet is a flattened mess and the pond is filled to the brim. Water everywhere. Good news is that the new gutters work just perfectly. The plants that I worried about yesterday did not need to have a drip line yet! The bad news? Well I have no electricity to either of the 2 bathrooms. No lights...also the outdoor backyard flood lights do not work. Oh and the cable....that is not working either. I tried to re-boot the boxes myself ( at 3 AM) but that did not work. I went on line for Cox support, she could not re-boot them. So today, the A/C guy---Brent---is supposed to come to put a new part in the 7 month old unit to stop the noises (it works just fine otherwise) and then Cox will be out here in the late afternoon to "fix" my cable problem. The bathroom electricity? Well, I am not comfortable trying to play with the switches. The electric box is outside and I have no clue what to click. Just had new master switch put in this past March. Sleep...I have not been to bed yet! I was up at 3 AM yesterday and here it is almost 8 AM and still awake.  So my friends I am not in a happy mood! I am sure things could be worse. It is what it is. Just other issues to deal with. I guess I might as well try to get the electrician out here today to check the electrical box situation. Why not, we could have an all day fix it party. I have the wine cooling....
Hope your evening went well and your day is better than mine.
UPDATE
At 8:30, neighbors Robyn and Dave who live across the courtyard read my blog and Dave came over. He showed me how to re-set the electrical switch and there is electricity in the bathrooms! Then he re-set the cable boxes and now there is Perry Mason! I am so lucky to have Robyn and Dave as friends. So, things are looking a little "brighter " just waiting for the A/C guy and due to the weather he may cancel. Guess I will cancel Cox's visit. 

12 comments:

Karyn said...

Oh Gracie, what a night you had, hoping that today finds some quiet nap time, as well as healing for your hand...ice, ice, ice.
I'm so glad that you have neighbors who care for and help you out in times of need, that makes all the difference. I have always had to do everything myself as my hubby has no interest, and neighbors were never close enough...you'll get the hang of it, I promise.
Stay dry and have a good day
Hugs

Unknown said...

What a blessing! Your neighbors are pearls, you are well loved.
I've added "the ones that help Ms Grace" to my prayer list.
I do hope your hand is better be careful on your usage of it. Put a pack of frozen peas on it if needed for swelling.
I bet the rain bells sounded beautiful.
Blessings,
Baa

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

On the plus side - your snowflake is gorgeous!

And you are blessed with supportive and helpful neighbours too. So glad they were able to help you out in your hour of darkness. Literally!

BTW thanks for the pointer to Parsley's new blog. I went over and left a comment.

Vickie said...

I am hoping you have gotten some sleep by now Gracie. I am so glad you have caring neighbors. Maybe take an ibuprofen for that hand?

Julie said...

Good to read your neighbours helped out, what lovely people you have around you.
Hope you have had a little snooze this afternoon.

diamondc said...

Gracie: I am so sorry you are having these problems, thank heavens for neighbor like yours.
I hope you hand gets better soon.
Love the snowflake ornament, beautiful.

Blessings
Catherine

Shelly said...

Wasn't the rain nice? Things were blowing around here too and the mountain tops got snow. I'm so glad you have caring neighbors and friends. They make life so much easier. Hope you get some rest tonight.

shirley flavell said...

It's great to have good neighbours, that was really kind of them. Hope you got a better nights sleep after all that. Love your tatting and oohh ouch your hand looks quite painful. Hope that settles down quickly.

butterfly said...

Oh dear gracie , what a night , thankgoodness for kind friends .
Take care .

Rosie said...

It's always good to cultivate good neighbors as you never know when you might need them. Hope everything is restored in the house and garden now. I just love that snow flake.

Chookyblue...... said...

What does you do to your hand.... There is a lump isn't there......
Get some sleep...... You can't function properly to tired.......

Pittoresque said...

Wow, that certainly was swift help from your amazing neighbors! I hope your hand is feeling better by now.