Finally all was good here. Dave fixed my electric and cable problems. Poor guy had to come all the way across the courtyard! thank you Robyn for sending him and glad you are feeling better. Just about everyone is not feeling well. Glad that Glenda is feeling much better too.
The guys arrived before the scheduled time to replace a part in the A/C unit. My hand began to feel good....well, I did absolutely nothing so it would! As tired as I began to feel because of no sleep, I would not let myself take even a cat nap. It worked because around 9:30 last evening I finally did sleep and woke at 5:30 this morning. Crazy but I am still feeling tired.
The mail around 11 AM and then the tears.
I hade made a Shutterfly book with help from friend Dianna and it arrived.
Not perfect, but I love it all the same.
It is called-----My Denny and me. This is the cover with the Disney fairytale castle. Many through the years called our love and marriage a fairytale so I thought it would be perfect. One of the quotes I have loved is......."My favorite love story is ours" and it is there.
The very first page is a dedication of sorts because it is truly how our love began; with niece Tonya "Pafazzo" and is one of our favorite pictures of her. She is really the only non-denny/grace picture in the book. Most of the photos are of Denny as the book is about him.
It would not be complete if there were not special pictures of my guy and his garden and flowers. He had this love of gardening even back in Rhode Island before we retired here to Arizona where he was enjoying year round flowers.
and pictures of us through the years...that is the "me" part of the book. So many wonderful memories in my heart. He was a quiet man who loved gardening and some travel and he liked adventures like parachuting, white water rafting and some hiking here in Arizona.
It was difficult trying to choose what pictures to include as we had taken so many in our 47 years together. But after the tears these were the chosen ones. Of course the bear from his jeans had to be included. It is like holding him in my arms.
The decision was easy for the last of the 20 pages....
no words needed here.
The back cover says a lot for me.
Thank you Dianna for helping me accomplish this precious book of memories. While it is not always convenient to carry around lots of photos, this little book is right on the coffee table in the living room ready to be picked up and loved. The process of making this book was difficult at times because memories brought tears but in the end they were really worth it. Each day is still as painful for me as the first day --- May 19, 2017 and the last day of our journey on June 21, 2017. There is no rush for me to get used to the new normal around here......and some days are easier. I try very hard to keep the memory of the good days so that I can accept those last days which will never leave me.
I love books of all kinds; mysteries, travel, history and of course my crafting book but this is my most cherished and favorite.
I am not lonely for people just lonely for my Denny 💔
The guys arrived before the scheduled time to replace a part in the A/C unit. My hand began to feel good....well, I did absolutely nothing so it would! As tired as I began to feel because of no sleep, I would not let myself take even a cat nap. It worked because around 9:30 last evening I finally did sleep and woke at 5:30 this morning. Crazy but I am still feeling tired.
The mail around 11 AM and then the tears.
I hade made a Shutterfly book with help from friend Dianna and it arrived.
Not perfect, but I love it all the same.
It is called-----My Denny and me. This is the cover with the Disney fairytale castle. Many through the years called our love and marriage a fairytale so I thought it would be perfect. One of the quotes I have loved is......."My favorite love story is ours" and it is there.
The very first page is a dedication of sorts because it is truly how our love began; with niece Tonya "Pafazzo" and is one of our favorite pictures of her. She is really the only non-denny/grace picture in the book. Most of the photos are of Denny as the book is about him.
It would not be complete if there were not special pictures of my guy and his garden and flowers. He had this love of gardening even back in Rhode Island before we retired here to Arizona where he was enjoying year round flowers.
and pictures of us through the years...that is the "me" part of the book. So many wonderful memories in my heart. He was a quiet man who loved gardening and some travel and he liked adventures like parachuting, white water rafting and some hiking here in Arizona.
It was difficult trying to choose what pictures to include as we had taken so many in our 47 years together. But after the tears these were the chosen ones. Of course the bear from his jeans had to be included. It is like holding him in my arms.
The decision was easy for the last of the 20 pages....
no words needed here.
The back cover says a lot for me.
Thank you Dianna for helping me accomplish this precious book of memories. While it is not always convenient to carry around lots of photos, this little book is right on the coffee table in the living room ready to be picked up and loved. The process of making this book was difficult at times because memories brought tears but in the end they were really worth it. Each day is still as painful for me as the first day --- May 19, 2017 and the last day of our journey on June 21, 2017. There is no rush for me to get used to the new normal around here......and some days are easier. I try very hard to keep the memory of the good days so that I can accept those last days which will never leave me.
I love books of all kinds; mysteries, travel, history and of course my crafting book but this is my most cherished and favorite.
I am not lonely for people just lonely for my Denny 💔
8 comments:
Beautiful book of precious memories from your loving marriage. What a cherished keepsake.
very precious memories for you.
Aww, Gracie your book is wonderful.
It made me cry..love and big hugs
Oh Gracie, your book made me cry. What a beautiful momento! Sounds like you had a wonderful relationship and much love. Wish I had known him. I can't imagine being without Uncle!
You're doing a wonderful job. One day at a time Gracie.
Love Auntie
That is such a beautiful book and a lovely way to look back at all the memories you have of your long and happy marriage.
Gracie: What a lovely book of memories you have, your friend is so sweet to help you.
It sounds like you had a positively beautiful marriage.
Blessings
Catherine
Oh, Grace...I almost cried when I saw those pictures. What a wonderful book, such a special memento of your love.
Post a Comment