Yes, it just may be that I am over this thing called The Common Cold! Let me tell you, it was not common to me. It is a week today that it began and just might be ending. About time because I still have a few things to do and today is the day I must get at least 2 items off the list.
Just outside the kitchen window is the tomato plant...almost ready and there will be a few to enjoy. Glad the plant is on the system or it would be gone by now. I have not venture into the yard all week. I did stroll out there yesterday and then spotted
The beans have flowers! Yes indeed, we will pick beans. There are plenty of these sweet blooms on the plants. These are also on the system! By the Spring a few more plants will be hooked up to the irrigation lines which will be helpful. So far all is well out there. The Snail Vine is a beautiful "weed" that just continues to spread everywhere since I have not been out there to tame it.
Yesterday I decided to try the Italian Herb Bread again
this time I substituted Italian Seasoning mix for the individual herbs and it does taste better. I had it toasted this morning with some butter. Will I make it again...not sure. I also used Light Olive Oil instead of Extra Virgin which gives it a milder taste. The best of course is just the regular simple breads.
Most of you know how much I love the coyote encounters. The sounds of them in the evening when they are out hunting to survive is quite the thing to listen to. The sight of them strolling into the courtyard or out on the street is nice. At all times I do remind myself that they need to survive and that is with the rabbits. Having said this....
last week I found this part of a bunny tail on the sidewalk. Now...please do not get upset...this is just a partial of the tail also the bunny still lives. Sad as it may seem, if the coyotes did not hunt them we would be overridden with the rabbits in the neighborhood. there are several large hutches just within our property. The bunnies get away more times than they are caught...they are very fast and get into the many underground homes quickly. A few of their homes are built under the Prickly Pear cacti and the coyotes just can not fight the spines. A Navajo women told me once that we must respect all creatures and not interfere. When I look up at my wall of Native art, there are pieces of fur from many animals incorporated into them. Using the fur tufts this way honors them. So this little tail tuft will find a place with my Native art in honor of the nature around me. So glad you visited with me today. Thank you for your kind words and most of all your friendship.
Today a friend, "Bobby" is having a medical procedure so I ask that you keep him in your thoughts for a positive outcome.
Just outside the kitchen window is the tomato plant...almost ready and there will be a few to enjoy. Glad the plant is on the system or it would be gone by now. I have not venture into the yard all week. I did stroll out there yesterday and then spotted
The beans have flowers! Yes indeed, we will pick beans. There are plenty of these sweet blooms on the plants. These are also on the system! By the Spring a few more plants will be hooked up to the irrigation lines which will be helpful. So far all is well out there. The Snail Vine is a beautiful "weed" that just continues to spread everywhere since I have not been out there to tame it.
Yesterday I decided to try the Italian Herb Bread again
this time I substituted Italian Seasoning mix for the individual herbs and it does taste better. I had it toasted this morning with some butter. Will I make it again...not sure. I also used Light Olive Oil instead of Extra Virgin which gives it a milder taste. The best of course is just the regular simple breads.
Most of you know how much I love the coyote encounters. The sounds of them in the evening when they are out hunting to survive is quite the thing to listen to. The sight of them strolling into the courtyard or out on the street is nice. At all times I do remind myself that they need to survive and that is with the rabbits. Having said this....
last week I found this part of a bunny tail on the sidewalk. Now...please do not get upset...this is just a partial of the tail also the bunny still lives. Sad as it may seem, if the coyotes did not hunt them we would be overridden with the rabbits in the neighborhood. there are several large hutches just within our property. The bunnies get away more times than they are caught...they are very fast and get into the many underground homes quickly. A few of their homes are built under the Prickly Pear cacti and the coyotes just can not fight the spines. A Navajo women told me once that we must respect all creatures and not interfere. When I look up at my wall of Native art, there are pieces of fur from many animals incorporated into them. Using the fur tufts this way honors them. So this little tail tuft will find a place with my Native art in honor of the nature around me. So glad you visited with me today. Thank you for your kind words and most of all your friendship.
Today a friend, "Bobby" is having a medical procedure so I ask that you keep him in your thoughts for a positive outcome.
7 comments:
Your vegetable garden is coming along fabulously! Your bread looks yummy! We have coyotes over here too. They run in the greenbelt that meanders through our neighborhood. They definitely can (and do) hop the six-foot walls into our back yards. I can always tell when one has been in the yard because the dogs go crazy when they pick up their scent in our yard. So glad you're feeling better!
Your garden looks so lovely! I am so jealous as my yard was blanketed with snow today so the only thing that I will be growing is snowbanks!
Your bread looks so yummy.
So happy your cold is better.
You must have green fingers gracie.
Hello Gracie
So glad to hear that you're feeling better.
You're veg sounds very successful. I've just been checking my winter bedding and in contrast to your lovely healthy plants mine are frozen solid! I do hope you enjoy your tomatoes and beans.
I think we forget that the animal kingdom needs to eat too and if it's something like a cute bunny then we feel sad. I'm glad you can display the tail.
The bread looks delicious.
I hope your friend's medical procedure went well x
I have to say I do not miss the coyotes now that we are on Main Street. I have said a prayer for your friend Bobby.
So great to read that you are on the mend and that you can leave that cold behind you now.
I agree with you - regular simple breads are the best.
Glad to hear your cold is better. We have that saying about common cold that they come (get worse) for three days, stay for three days, and go (get better) for three days. Most of the time, that's pretty accurate!
Post a Comment