Saturday, December 9, 2017

Almost but not yet

I have been knocked for a loop. This cold has kept me down since Monday evening...a whole week! It has been so long since I have had a cold I had forgotten how miserable it is. Yesterday was the first day that I felt almost normal. Still with the cough but hopefully there will be even less of that. At least I am not walking around with a tissue to my nose all day. So, I have not done anything...nadda...nil...and it shows. The Bissell really needs a walk around the place as does the Swiffer, but it may not be today. Yesterday I wanted needed a cup of tea. As soon as the 3 minute brew time was up I promptly knocked the mug over spilling tea all over the counter, down the cupboard and onto the floor. After the initial whining was over, I made another cup of tea and then forgot to drink it...that has been my week. I managed to drag myself to the Post Office yesterday to get my packages mailed with the exception of one which will go out probably Monday. I do have to make a quick run today to Staples and then to JC Penny for a pick-up but definitely not the PO as I am sure being Saturday it will be busy.
I have 3 maybe 4 tomatoes that are almost ready to pick. The first was delicious with sliced cucumbers and celery. The weather over-night has been chilly...today I wake with the temp around 44. Brrr....goodness, I had to put socks on!. Not to be concerned because by afternoon they say it will be in the mid 70s. I appreciate the concern because I had not posted for a few days...your emails were so nice. Typing with one hand while containing a runny nose with the other hand was rather difficult. I will catch up on reading blogs over the weekend. Right now I think it is time to curl up and keep warm until I must venture out for errands.
Thank you for caring and for the get well wishes which I am sure have been helping. Thank you also for the kind words and your friendship. Hoping for a better week coming.

15 comments:

Vickie said...

I hope your cold disappears quickly my friend. You are just putting socks on huh? I just had to drag my winter boots out for the first time this morning. I am watching the snow come down sideways!

Cindy said...

Hope you are feeling better soon.

Purple Pixie Dust said...

get better soon. I am healing nicely. getting the use of my arm back slowly. don't want to rush it. did you see on the news that Texas got snow yesterday WOW hugs

Shelly said...

Hope this cold is short lived, Gracie. Your cucumber, tomato, and celery salad sounds really good! Have a nice lazy day.

Shelly said...

I meant to say hope your cold is short lived!

Chookyblue...... said...

Kick that cold out and get better asap....

diamondc said...

Gracie: I am hopeing you are feeling better as you read this.
44 oh my that is chilly for your area, it has been really cold here.

Merry Christmas
Catherine

Brigitte said...

So sorry to read that you have had to deal with a cold but hope that you feel less miserable with each day to come.

Ele said...

Ouch! Hope the cold is gone at last. A runny nurse is such a nuisance and can really make you miserable.
My very best wishes for a speedy recovery

Anonymous said...

Hello Gracie
I hope your cold clears completely and the cough with it. Colds are so debilitating.
Enjoy your tomatoes - home grown are always the tastiest.
Have a good week x

Carolyn said...

Sorry you haven't been feeling well, hope you're on your way to feeling like yourself again! Wish I had your weather, here in Annapolis, MD we had our first light snow, it's pretty but I don't venture out in it and since I live in a condo I don't even have to worry about shoveling! Be merry! Sending love and healing thoughts!

Vicki said...

I had to chuckle at your comment about putting socks on. That is my measurement as to how cold it is here. If I have to put socks on... it's COLD! Take care and feel better soon.

butterfly said...

Poor gracie , sorry about your cold , get better soon.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Sorry to hear about the cold, hope you're feeling better now.
One pair of socks? I'm wearing tights under my jeans then two pairs of socks it's so cold in the shop at the moment!

Pittoresque said...

I'm glad you're starting to feel better. Please remember to stay warm with the dropping temperatures!