Saturday, December 16, 2017

Happy Birthday Dennis

Today is the birth date of Dennis, as everyone who follows this blog, will notice his picture in the top right of Grace's homepage. I have not spoke to Grace as of yet today, but thought she might want to take the day off and reflect. No Coyotes, fresh tomato plants or scorpions here in the Northeast, but we have snow and cold temperatures.

The holiday season is upon us and as look out my office window the people braving the outside here in Boston are scarce. My mall is in downtown Boston, and if you think it is stressful and difficult to be in malls during the Holiday Season, you should try going to one everyday. People are short tempered, stressed and as we go into the final week, beat up.

Copley Place is a  Luxury Mall with stores like, Neiman Marcus, Dior, Louis Vuitton, Christian Laboutin, Tiffany's and Burberry to name a few. We do not open up on Midnight on Black Friday we don't extend our hours past 9PM during December. We have many international travelers that come to the city and many are drawn to these stores. The mall is directly across the street from the subway / commuter rail station which brings us many thousands of people cutting through the length of the mall to work or many other final destination. We are attached to two large hotels, Marriott and Westin which generates foot traffic and customers.

Grace has large following from all over and I would like to invite anyone reading this to share any personal or national ways you celebrate the Holiday. Or even how individuals have their own traditions. Let us all take a positive look today and share..........until next time....Alan

9 comments:

Gracie said...

Thank you dear brother Alan for doing the post today....I had too many tears as I do right now to post. I knew you would think of Denny today.

Purple Pixie Dust said...

Dear Gracie, I miss your sweet Denny as much as you do. I hope he has a nice birthday in Heaven. I know this is hard for you Gracie but remember we all love you and feel your lose especially at this time of year. Just remember he loved you dearly and he knows that you miss him and is waiting to be together again when it is your time to met him in Heaven. thank you Alan for your interesting blog, My husband Dave and I will be having a quiet Christmas at home, since I just got my shoulder surgery in November it is still hard for me to do things. I have a roaster that goes on the counter to do my turkey so no lifting into an oven. Dave will peel the potatos for me and the carrots too. We will enjoy a peaceful Christmas just the two of us. all our children are in other parts of the country. I hope you and Lisa have a wonderful Christmas and Gracie know that I am always thinking of you and hope your Christmas is a merry one. Love Lynda Ruth from New Brunswick, Cananda

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

That's a lovely thoughtful thing to do.
My Christmas season always starts with my Advent Calendar Blog Hop with a different stitcher posting each day. I also work in retail so there are extra shifts to work and Christmas songs on the shop radio.
Christmas Eve may be quieter this year as it's a Sunday and then I have a whole week of work! Having done my hours earlier in the month.
So I will have a week of being at home with my family, and lots of stitching!
I plan a new 12 Days of Christmas start on Christmas Day too.
I hope you both have a peaceful Christmas.

Happy Birthday Denny!

Vickie said...

Love and hugs for you dear Gracie. Alan, you are a loving brother. Happy Birthday Dear Dennis!
My husband and I are Eastern Orthodox, so our Christmas is January 7th. We practice a Nativity Fast for 40 days before Christmas.

butterfly said...


Blessings to you gracie, and Happy Birthday to Dennis who will be smiling down on you.
I always light a candle on Christmas day for my love ones it helps me.
Also on Birthdays.
It's so lovely to have such a loving brother .
Hugs and Kisses .

Shelly said...

Happy Belated Birthday to Dennis. Brother Alan, you are such a good brother to Gracie, a rock on which to lean on, even though you are on the other side of the country.
A tradition here in Arizona is the buying of tamales for Christmas which is a Mexican food. Made of shredded beef, pork, or chicken mixed with masa and chilies, hot or mild, and wrapped in softened corn husks and then steamed. Labor-intensive but oh so good when cooked! My immediate family, some years, go off in all directions! This year is one of those. One brother celebrates with his girlfriends family every other year and the other brother, this year, will celebrate with a close friend's family. My daughter and I will have Christmas dinner with her boyfriends family after we've spent the morning opening gifts, eating tamales and other sweets, and watch the Little Drummer Boy, the old version of claymation. It's required watching every Christmas as far as I'm concerned!

Merry Christmas Gracie and Brother Alan! May the season soften the feelings of loss and the memories bring comfort.

shirley flavell said...

Thinking of you Gracie and how wonderful of your brother to step in today for you.A loving thoughtful thing to do. Here in N.Z. it is hot ++. But we still have the Christmas Turkey, ham, chicken with all the trimmings. Christmas pudding with brandy butter sauce and cream, pavlova and trifle.We always have the meal late midday sometimes choose to do it at night. Merry Christmas Gracie, I think you have been wonderful how you're coping and know your blogging has helped you as well.Hugs from N.Z.

Pittoresque said...

How thoughtful of Alan to take over for this day. I'm sure this time must be very difficult for you, Gracie, especially this first year, but hopefully things will start to get easier once this year of firsts is over.

I didn't get a lot of proper pre-Christmas time this year due to a work trip to Australia - no baking, no work Christmas party, I just barely got all my gifts together! Now I'm looking forward to a quiet and relaxing holiday time, spent with relatives and other loved ones.

Brigitte said...

You have such a wonderful and thoughtful brother, Gracie.
We celebrate Christmas with our two sons and their wives. Our daughter lives too far away to be able to join us. But we will Skype so that we will be together in some way. Christmas starts for us on the 24th when we put up the tree and decorate it. And in the evening we have our traditional Christmas dinner - sausages and potatoe salad, and after that it's time to open the gifts. On the 25th and 26th we just relax, play games, read and do what we enjoy doing.