Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Bread, a gift and tatting

I managed to tat a bit yesterday but got caught up with this and that but did make bread. The entire house had a wonderful aroma. A plain bread but the extra virgin olive oil adds a distinct taste. It can also be made using regular or light olive oil. Today I hope to at least try to tat the icicle pattern so I can figure out what beads I need. With all the beads I do have most likely they are not the right size!
There is another gift to show you...
this beautiful lacey scarf made for me by Debbie. Hard to tell but it is a lovely variegated yarn, and oh so soft. This was only part of the package....
A wonderful mug mat and ort catcher filled with delicious hard candies and a candy bar...I love chocolate and Lindt is one of my favorites. Thank you my friend....not only for the gift but for your continued daily emails...yes we chat everyday.  She has offered so much encouragement to me over these last 6 months.
So, today they say our temp should be in the low 70s....sorry for those of you out there in the snow and cold. I will just continue to tat snowflakes and icicles for the winter feel. I must work on my Shutterfly book as the coupon will soon expire......just as the year will soon change form 2017 to 2018. I make no resolutions for the New Year because I would never keep them.
I am off to finish my coffee. So glad to visit with you today. Thank you for your kind words and most of all your friendship. 

6 comments:

Purple Pixie Dust said...

Lovely gifts from Debbie, love the scarf. Yes, you are lucky with temp's in the 70's we got cold, cold windy today and lots of snow which our neighbor took care of yesterday for us. Did not even ask, he just blow out the driveway. Sweet people around us too. big hugs love
do enjoy the rest of your day.

butterfly said...


Lovely gift from Debbie , for a lovely lady .
Enjoy your day .

Julie said...

I've enjoyed a lovely catch up read of your news Gracie. You received lots of lovely gifts in the post, such a shame your angel was broken by incompetence of the post delivery.
The tomatoes and oranges/lemons do look delicious.
I hope your neck is fully healed now.
I too have the cold that has been going around, it certainly is not nice and does linger.
Sending much love your way xx

Vickie said...

What wonderful gifts. Lucky you with those temps. Our high today was 11!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Tatted icicles sound lovely, looking forward to seeing those.

Pittoresque said...

Lovely gifts! I'm looking forward to seeing the winter wonderland you seem to be tatting up :)