Sunday, December 24, 2017

Christmas Eve 2017

Today is another first witout Dennis....but I choose to think about our first Christmas Eve  together.  That was in 1970. We lived in a very small house out of the city area.  We decorated our tree with multi-colored lights and ornaments and Hershey Kisses...that's right, Hershey Kisses.  Whenever we passed the tree we picked one.  At that time we had a wonderful mutt named Harry who ate all the Kisses from the lower branches...never got sick from the chocolate but had very colorful poop with silver paper. We did not play Christmas music but instead it was The Beatles and The Animals. We spent Christmas Eve at my parents home with my sis and her family and The Brother Alan. There was lots of Christmas music. Lots of Italian food.
Today I will join friend Dianna and her husband Bobby for an afternoon celebration. Later when I return home I will have a shrimp and pasta dinner. I will cook a lobster tail smothered in butter ...Dennis' favorite seafood. There will be cookies made by neighbors Robyn and Dave, and Keith and Al. I will toast the evening with Verdi Sparkling wine. My focus will be on the happy years not this one.
Whatever your plans for this Christmas Eve...enjoy and be safe if out there on the roads. 

13 comments:

Purple Pixie Dust said...

I hope you have a great evening with friends and have the best Christmas every. love, hugs Lynda Ruth and Dave

Ele said...

Gracie, sending you big hugs. You are a wonderful caring person.
Happy Christmas

Rose Marie said...

Hope you have a good Christmas. Really love the way you're remembering Dennis.
Sounds like you had many wonderful years together. Have a good night with your friends. Love, Auntie and Uncle

Cindy said...

Merry Christmas to you. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
Cindy

Shelly said...

What a nice way to remember your and Mr. H's first Christmas together. I had to laugh at your description of your dog's poo after eating the Kisses! A table laid down with Italian food sounds divine. It's those memories of past Christmases with our now gone loved ones that help us in the here and now. Merry Christmas Gracie!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thinking of you on Christmas Eve this year. How lovely that you have so many good memories to look back on.
Your poor dog, though!

Joanie said...

Merry Christmas, Gracie!

Starry-eyed stitcher said...

I love the way you have chosen to remember Dennis too. I am sure you have your sad moments, of course you do, but I love that you have found ways to cherish his memory in all that you. I wish you a very Happy Christmas Gracie, from the North East of England. Irene xxx

Vickie said...

Merry Christmas Gracie! I am sure you had a lovely Christmas Eve. I hope today is a beautiful day as well.

Daffycat said...

Merry Christmas, Gracie!

Brigitte said...

So good to remember all the Christmas seasons and particularly the first you had together with Denny.
I hope you had a nice afternoon with your friends yesterday and that you are spending a nice day today.

Sherry said...

I hope that you Christmas was blessed by friends and family. My hubby and I began our life together in 1972 and we treasure the memories of our first years, thanks for sharing yours. Merry Christmas!

Pittoresque said...

Your memories of your first Christmas together sound lovely. You were truely blessed to have a life so full of love, and I am sure it's still all around you :)