Thursday, December 21, 2017

Friends

Okay...I have to say I am really chilly this morning. Robe and socks on! The high today may be in the upper 50s....brrrrrrrrrrr.  The good news is that I have no place to be and that is fine with me.
Last evening I had dinner with friends Robyn and Dave....across the courtyard. Delicious soup and salad and of course a glass of wine. Robyn and I actually email almost daily...yes, they are just across the courtyard. Good neighbors and caring friends. Speaking of friends....a visit from dear friend Glenda yesterday brought me
this beautiful glass pedestal plate...and it is such a lovely soft  lavender. A few times that we were out shopping I looked at and commented that I wanted to get a pedestal plate but many were so big and just did not hold my attention...but this one....is perfect. It measures about 7 inches across. We will be having a Holiday Tea after Christmas!
When I sent out Denny's Angels, I did so to the many friends near and far that have been right there for me from that first terrible news in May right to the loss of my Denny, just 34 days. I am so touched by the thank you messages...no, my dear friends I thank you for being there for us...for me. Today is 6 months and I am still trying to come to grips with it all. The encouragement and kind words have been so touching. There are no real words that I can say. Thank you seems so little. I just received a request from someone and I will gladly send one to her...I am touched to think so many would like an angel to honor Denny's memory.
It will be a lazy day but a tatting day as the new project....Snowflakes has begun! And yes, sis Lynowl you will get one soon. And to answer someone's question.....no I do not sell what I make I share.
Off to curl up for a while and then to tat while staying warm....it will be a socks day for sure. Thank you for your kind words and most of all your encouragement and friendship. My heart is warm thanks to you.

8 comments:

Vicki said...

Your new pedestal plate is lovely! My favorite color is purple, so I'm partial to any glassware in the various shades of purple. The cut pattern of this plate is particularly pretty.
I'm sure this past six months has crawled by and sped by simultaneously. Thinking of you today and so thankful along with you for the support and encouragement you've received from friends and family.

Debbie said...

Thinking of you and sending a big hug.
Stay warm today.

The pedestal plate is beautiful.

Purple Pixie Dust said...

Love the pedestal plate, pretty colour. we all love you and are here for you. Have a warm coszy day. hugs

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thinking of you today, I am sure you have been feeling a lot of different emotions throughout the day.

Vickie said...

Here is a big warm HUG for you my cold friend. Your new pedestal plate is gorgeous.

Karyn said...

You have remained in my prayers, even through my long quiet spell, and especially today as I can imagine this days brings with it so many feelings.
Stay warm and cozy and be kind and gentle with yourself, dear friend.
Hugs

Brigitte said...

You have some very good friends you can rely on. I have seen Denny's angels on some of the blogs that I visit and it seems the recipients were so thrilled about the wonderful gift.

Pittoresque said...

6 months already...the year has flown by for me, but I bet it felt a lot longer for you. I'm so glad your friends are all still there for you :)