Monday, November 6, 2017

Oh so good bread

What a lovely day yesterday. The front door remained open until 7 PM...yes, all day. The air conditioner has been off and I actually felt chilly this morning. I sat outside with my new cookbook in the morning and decided to make Tomato Bread. Of course a quick run to the market was necessary to get a few ingredients.
I must tell you that this book is full of great sounding recipes and this was a good one. The key ingredients are tomato paste and sun dried tomatoes. I made the 1 1/2 pound loaf which is plenty for me. The aroma and looks are terrific.
While the bread cooled I made a small chicken soup with egg drop. Yum....this bread was delicious with it. This morning I put a slice into the toaster oven just to lightly toast it and made a cup of tea....very good. The sweetness of the sun dried tomato really comes through with the warmth. The texture is really good too. The recipes with the machine does not include using gluten...this book does and it makes a world of difference in the texture and that this morning the bread is as fresh as yesterday. The book suggests storing the bread in a brown paper bag cut side down which I did. I did not get any needlework done yesterday because I was too busy reading the cookbook!
I must get to the post office today and go to JoAnn's to get a frame for the print.  While there I need to pick up some fabric to make a special Swaddled Baby for a friend. I bought plant markers and hope to get the various plants marked in the garden. Tatting is on the list of to do also. So, I think I have enough plans for the day and if even one or two are accomplished, that will be good.
Thank you for visiting and for the kind words and encouragement. Thank you most of all for your friendship. Let's have a good day. 

9 comments:

Purple Pixie Dust said...

Okay, I want a slice of your tomato bread. Looks delicious and I can smell it now. Have a great day. hugs

Vickie said...

Yum, yum! I hope you have a super day my friend.

Vicki said...

Yum! Your bread looks (and sounds) delicious!

Julie said...

Shame you can't smell things through the computer, I bet that smells amazing.

Rose Marie said...

Looks delicious! I'm tired just reading your plans. Have fun.

butterfly said...


Looks so yummy .
Have a great day hugs.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

The bread sounds delicious. I agree with Julie, we need Smell-o-vision!

Pittoresque said...

I've had tomato-bread at a fancy restaurant once. I bet yours is just as delicious!

Brigitte said...

I always love to read cook books, no matter what kind. What I love best are vegetable cook books. So many possibilities. Just as with making bread. Your tomato bread sounds wonderful.