Wednesday, November 22, 2017

It is a good morning to bake Biscotti

Another nippy start to the day. The sun is shining and it will be in the mid 80s by noon. It is nice to finally turn off the air conditioner. While it is still cool it is a god time to put the oven on. Second laundry mixing up in the washer and the ingredients for Almond Biscotti sorted and ready.

I always leave everything to reach room temperature before baking. I just finished making some hard boiled eggs for the lunches and snacks. I had all intentions of making these biscotti all week but just could not get myself to do so. Of course the one morning that I was ready the water was off! I want to have these for tomorrow to share with my dear friends. I am so thankful for the encouragement and help that they have shown me these last 6 months. Yesterday marked 5 months since my Denny has passed.
I also worked on Baby #2
Just a few more flowers and French knots to embroider and leaves to add and she will be ready to travel. I have collected a few other things to add to the box...but I still need a box! Actually I need a few boxes for my Christmas mailings.
Why is it that I forget to use the gloves in the garden and the gloves in the house cleaning then complain that my hands are dry and sore? I wash them so often that I really need to find a lotion that truly melts into the hands so I can stitch without having greasy hands or waiting a hour or so. Any suggestions out there ???
As I sit here typing on the computer I realize my desk is a disaster...really must put it on the list To Do. I am almost finished with the sorting of my stash stuff so that is good. For every item I cross off the list there seems to be 2 added. Well it is time to get the baking started and the oven pre-heated. Glad we had time to chat today. Thank you for your kind words and for your friendship. Take time to relax today.

11 comments:

Debbie said...

Happy baking today!

Your embroidery is beautiful. Baby #2 will be beautiful.

Ha, that 'to do' list, isn't it funny how it always grows.

Wishing you a good day.

Ann at Beadlework. said...

Grace, I use Clinique Deep Comfort hand cream every time I wash my hands and at night before I go to bed I use Neutrogena, Norwegian Formula concentrated non perfumed hand cream. I never have to wait for them to disappear from my hands and they seem to work. In the winter I often put some on my fingers only in between applications as the tips of my fingers are always dry due to years of chalking on a blackboard.

diamondc said...

Hi Gracie: I make biscotti but hate the two step for baking, oh well its worth the flavor.
I do not use liquid soap any longer, liquid soap had my hands so chaffed it hurt even in the summer, I rarely use hand lotion anymore, I use udder cream hand lotion in the winter just for a precaution.
Your embroidery is beautiful, I am looking forward to seeing the finished design.
I have a todo list which changes almost daily.
Happy Thanksgiving.

Catherine

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Lovely embroidery on this baby's swaddle cloth.
When I worked in the pub I used a hemp hand cream, that was really good for deep moisturising!

Vickie said...

This baby is just wonderful! So pretty.
I use O'Keeffe's Working Hands. I get cracks in my hands during the winter and this fixes them up. Gets rid of dry skin also and absorbs immediately.

Julie said...

It's been a few days since I was here visiting with you Gracie. Your new swaddled baby is looking lovely, such pretty embroidery you chose to do and a pretty face she has. Everything in the garden is blooming beautifully. So nice you and your friends share yourbakes with each other. No water - what a fiasco that was.
I use a Yardley hand cream, they have the most wonderful smells of lily of the valley, lavender, rose or violet - my daughter builds up my supply at Christmastime with a gifted box of it.
Enjoy your day today
much love x

Purple Pixie Dust said...

Hi Gracie, finally out of the hospital after spending 4 days in the ICU because of a deflated left lung.I managed to come home last night. It is going to be along recovery now. Will talk more later love and hugs Lynda Ruth

butterfly said...

Lovely stitching gracie.
My hands get dry sometimes and the trouble is , it often catches my stitching .
So I do like to wear gloves in the garden and a very good hand cream.

Pittoresque said...

Those embroidered flowers are gorgeous!

Brigitte said...

Such lovely stitching on Baby #2.
I laso have dry hands, particularly in the winter. I always use udder cream and have been for years. That's the only cream that allows me to stitch right after putting it on.

Cindy said...

I live in Montana and we have no humidity either. I use Udder Cream for my hands. It is greaseless and a lot of stitchers I know use it so they can stitch right after applying.

The biscotti sound good. I may have to try making some.