I hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving day. It was quiet and relaxing and of course a hard day for me but I did get through the day.
I made my dinner and sat to eat around 3:15. It was a small turkey breast, sweet potato, stuffing and gravy as well as cranberry sauce with an antipasto. A glass of sparkling wine to wash it all down. Dessert was homemade biscotti, Pizzelles, and Glenda's chocolate chip cookies. The weather was a warm 87 and the sun was shining.
I finished the Swaddled doll #2
I am hoping the recipient likes her. She is ready for a box and mailing. I picked out some of the print flowers to embroider and did not want to over do it.
I added the blooms to her hat for some color. The simple embroidery looks good. I like the raised leaves which add texture. as do the French knot centers. Looking forward to making a few more.
I do not do the Black Friday shopping thing, never have. I will venture out on Saturday to just one store to get a few items for my Christmas gifts that need to be mailed. My goal is to get everything in the mail beginning of December. Key word is goal. I need to get into my Christmas decorations to find the tiny glass ornaments to do some tatting around. A gal shared her pattern and I would like to make a few. First I need to get the Bissell and Swiffer out today before I can play. I really should tackle some yard work but it can wait.
An update on our friend Lynda Ruth. She did finally have the shoulder surgery and spent 4 days in hospital but is now home recuperating. That is about it form here. It was good to visit with you and I thank you for the kind words and emails and your friendship.
I made my dinner and sat to eat around 3:15. It was a small turkey breast, sweet potato, stuffing and gravy as well as cranberry sauce with an antipasto. A glass of sparkling wine to wash it all down. Dessert was homemade biscotti, Pizzelles, and Glenda's chocolate chip cookies. The weather was a warm 87 and the sun was shining.
I finished the Swaddled doll #2
I am hoping the recipient likes her. She is ready for a box and mailing. I picked out some of the print flowers to embroider and did not want to over do it.
I added the blooms to her hat for some color. The simple embroidery looks good. I like the raised leaves which add texture. as do the French knot centers. Looking forward to making a few more.
I do not do the Black Friday shopping thing, never have. I will venture out on Saturday to just one store to get a few items for my Christmas gifts that need to be mailed. My goal is to get everything in the mail beginning of December. Key word is goal. I need to get into my Christmas decorations to find the tiny glass ornaments to do some tatting around. A gal shared her pattern and I would like to make a few. First I need to get the Bissell and Swiffer out today before I can play. I really should tackle some yard work but it can wait.
An update on our friend Lynda Ruth. She did finally have the shoulder surgery and spent 4 days in hospital but is now home recuperating. That is about it form here. It was good to visit with you and I thank you for the kind words and emails and your friendship.
12 comments:
The doll is soooo cute!
No Black Friday shopping for me either. I am on duty hoping for leftover food lol
Oh, Gracie, I just love this pretty doll, the flowers are like for get me knots,what a sweet baby doll. Your dinner looks yummy, better than what I had in hospital. big hugs love Lynda Ruth
Gracie, those swaddled dolls are just the cutest! I have decided that you are very good at everything you make! I roasted a small turkey breast for sandwiches and enchiladas. Today is our Thanksgiving at my daughters boyfriends parents house. I'm kind of glad I didn't have to cook a lot! My daughter and I did Black Friday a couple years ago, my first and only time! Never again. Have a wonderful day!
Your dinner looks delicious! Denny would b very proud of you.Really miss being able to eat biscotti.
Your doll is so sweet. You are very talented.
The doll is adorable. The embroidery is just perfect.
Your dinner looks lovely, I never cook just for me!
Your dinner looks so good!! Mr. H is smiling.
Beautiful finish on your doll #2.
Like you, it's my goal too to have everything ready to go by next weekend.
take care,
I am sooo impressed with your dinner Gracie! YUM! And your doll is perfection in pink!❤️ You are more organized than me my friend. I am trying. Too much for me to do around here!!!
Your dinner looks so yummy.
Here we had to go out yesterday , what a day but coming back the roads were at a stand still.
Cute doll you made.
I am happy that Lynda is back out I emailed her the other day.
Your dinner looked delicious, I hope it tasted delicious as well :)
A very beautiful swaddled doll that is going to be so loved.
Your dinner looks delicious.
good news to read Lynda is home and healing.
I like the embroidery on your doll.
Your Thanksgiving dinner looks delicious and I'm sure that it was delicious.
So beautiful, the Swaddled doll, I just love all the flowers that you embroidered. Such a neat idea.
Post a Comment