Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Friends care...

"What were you thinking?
I can't believe you even thought about using the saw!!!!!   That is not a piece of equipment made for a woman to handle.  Stan has all he can do to hold onto his when working for a long period of time with it.  It is extremely heavy and I can see you trying to add the Gasoline to it and even the additive.   Knowing you, you would probably wear it before getting most of it into the cutter.".......this is how the email started. My dear side-kick from Rhode Island, Lulu sent this to me. We worked together side by side for some years before my leaving RI. Thank you Lu I will not try to use said equipment. Always a warm feeling when long time friends still lecture you because they care.
I once again have been awake early today. Yesterday I dozed on and off but not today. Lots on my mind...I will try again to get in touch with the landscapers this morning before going to writing class and finally got my appointment for tests for Monday, and whatever else is floating around my head that keeps me thinking. The sun rises around 6:30am now so it is still quite dark outside. Change in seasons....
Yesterday was another not up to snuff day so I did not plan to do anything. Sue dropped by for a quick lesson in 3 needle bind-off for a cute sweater she has knit. Never had much to eat because I was absolutely not hungry all day....unusual for me. Today I seem to be feeling okay. Maybe the changing weather is my issue. Denny used to blame it all on barometric pressure! Sometime this afternoon I must gather up items for the garage sale; empty the electronic cupboard in the garage and box up odds and ends of things. I found a waffle iron (which I will never use) and some glasses and baking things that are not needed. It will be good to send these things off to someone else.
The Snail Vine is growing and growing. Finally reaching the top of the arbor. I find myself trying to convince it to travel in right direction everyday. Once it fills in the top more it will be easier for it to find its way. I found flowers already on the tomato plant. Wish I could remember if I am suppose to remove these early ones or not. This was something I did not pay particular attention to when Denny planted them. I will try to take a picture of the Fairy Duster plant which has seed pods already as well as blooms. All in all the garden is doing well.
Still having issues with Cox and sending emails. They called to follow up yesterday. I am still "between platforms"...that is what Sarah said! Well dear friends, time for the cup of coffee and something to eat....I am starving! Glad to chat with you today and thank you for the kind words and for your friendship.

11 comments:

KimM said...

Good morning, Grace! I'm so sorry to hear you've not been up to snuff. Take care, know I care about you and enjoy keeping up with your posts. I hope today is s better day for you.
With love
Kim

Ann at Beadlework. said...

Glad you're feeling hungry today, the appetite is a good barometer.

butterfly said...


Love the abor, take care gracie , your always in my heart.

Rose Marie Della Ventura said...

Glad your friend lectured you about the saw. It looks dangerous. Hope you're feeling yourself soon. We are still under the weather here.

Rose Marie Della Ventura said...

Just realized my comments were not posting cause I didn't sign in. 😕

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

We all care and are glad that you did not attempt to wield the Saw of Doom!

Hope you feel better as the weather settles.

Tiffstitch said...

Take care of you and good idea not to try anything with the saw. :)

blue star stitcher said...

As you can see I am catching up on all my blog commenting. I am enjoying the cooler weather here too, and looking forward to stitching outside in the natural light. I will have to look for a snail vine, we planted a jasmine vine last spring (it smelled wonderful) but it couldn't take our summer heat. Sorry to hear you haven't been feeling up to snuff. I think leaving the chainsaws to the professionals is probably a good idea. I get nervous seeing them trim the palm trees way up high with the chainsaws.

Julie said...

Good to read you are feeling like something to eat, that is good news.

Vicki said...

Feel better soon, Gracie!

Leonore Winterer said...

I, too, like blaming things on the weather - after all, it's nice and quiet and won't talk back! In all truth, though, it does influence how I feel some days as well.