Friday, September 15, 2017

Where did this week go?

Don't get me wrong, I am happy to have this week in the rear view mirror because it means .....The Brother Alan will soon be here...Tuesday as a matter of fact.
The Snail Vine does not look like much now, but I am hoping it will magically grow and once again cover the arbor. Poor thing did experience a bit of shock with the transport and then waiting to be planted. But ...
This blossom is looking mighty pretty. There are a few that were and a few that will be. The manual operation of the irrigation is moving along okay. Turn a switch on, put the timer in the house on and then wait to turn it off. The yard is doing well. The waterfall continues to trickle down with a nice sound, the established plants are looking good, now if this weather would only cool enough to be able to sit outside and enjoy it all. Yesterday the temp was around 99! Of course with the humidity it still is hot. Monsoon is almost over.
Finally the motif is finished...well just along the bottom which is on the next page. I do not know exactly why I did not enjoy stitching this one. It may have been so much of the back round color. Still lots of motifs to go but they are open and all different.
I found the fabric for the footstool..
It is not an exact color match but pretty close to the grey of the chair and the beige. I need to add batting and iron this piece and it will look really nice. I will fussy cut so the wide stripe is in the middle. I thought about getting something darker so it will not show soil marks but this was in my stash and it looks pretty good.
Thank you for the pats on my back for all the accomplishments I have made. I just want to be able to do this or that. I am not fooling myself that there are and will be things that I will need help with or to hire for. The car needs gas....I know it has been weeks but if I do not drive anywhere then The Brother Alan will have that task. I seem to get a month for a fill up...Friend and neighbor Al has offered to come along to walk me through it...I think am sure once I am standing there I will remember what to do. I detest doing it so it is easily pushed out of mind.  I have a few errands that really should be done before the day....you know...The Brother Alan arrives on Tuesday. I did remind you didn't I? Guess that about covers it. Time to get the laundry and fold it, to make the bed, to vacuum and whatever else. Thank you for visiting and for your kind words. Thank you most of all for your friendship. 4 days but who's counting?! 

7 comments:

Purple Pixie Dust said...

we both are. I had all my pre-opp done yesterday at the hosital. Now all I have to do is wait until the morning of the 20th, like you said 4 days to go. love the fabric,the stitching and the plant, hugs

Vickie said...

Love the snail vine Gracie. And the fabric choice too. :D

Chookyblue...... said...

It still amazes me that you can go so long without getting fuel..........I do way to many kms........
Enjoy your time with Alan

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Congratulations on completing the motif, even if it wasn't so much fun as some of the others.
Is gas really complicated? Here you just take the cap off the car, put the nozzle in and press the lever, stop when you flinch at the price on the pump! I don't drive but I could manage it. Or is it just a blind spot for you?
Very excited about the arrival of the Brother Alan now!

Vicki said...

We have a snail vine and it flourishes - no matter what! It was blown over twice this year in Monsoons, but we just stood it back up and attached it more firmly to the wall and it was fine. They are so pretty and will make nice shade over your arbor. I like the fabric you chose!

stitchersanon said...

You are doing wonderfully. I love the snail vine...absolutely no idea what it is, but I'm sure it will be stunning. I hate getting petrol, or as you call it gas. If you don't do it for a long time, then you loose confidence. My hubby is in the UK where he's taking DH elder to university. Last night I had to drive 40 minutes in the dark to the emergency drs. I was terrified going there. I hate driving, I especially hate driving in the dark on country roads, bendy and filled with potholes. But I did it. I was more relaxed on the way back. Why not go with Brother and he can stand by you as you do it. It's the thought of it which is more terrifying than actually doing it. I love the fabric you chose. I think it's perfect.

Pittoresque said...

Lovely finish on the motif! Hopefully it will go quicker and be more fun from now on.