Wednesday, September 13, 2017

I did it all by myself

Let's talk about yesterday. I thought this past week that the irrigation in the back yard was not working correctly. I was right. Somehow the timer got itself messed up and so the bottom line is it needs to be replaced. The landscaper showed me how to use the system manually so that is what I will be doing until I get the new box. Today he will return to plant the Snail Vine at the arbor because it would be difficult for me, I think in this heat. I painted the last of my shelves ( for now) and
the third shelf is mounted. You are reading correctly, and I did it all by myself. I measured, leveled, marked and drilled. I used the molleys and the electric screw driver all without injury to myself! Scissors and thread at hand for sewing. Of course all the credit for my ability to do this goes to my friends Don and Glenda who taught me how.  Now with the amount of nails and screws in the garage I can build something with confidence! Let's not forget the drills....
Less than a week for the arrival of The Brother Alan.
A few more stitches on Alice and another Denny's Angel yesterday. The temps hit 110 and it was a record for the date and very hot. Prediction for today is 107. I am so looking forward to some cooler weather so that I can sit outside. I still have not returned the hummingbird feeder to the window area for fear of the bee invasion. Once the temps cool down I will try it again. Plans for today? Well the pond needs a little cleaning before the heat of the day, Robert arrives around 8 am to plant the vine, and Alice and I will sit together for a bit. Not too much but just enough. Glad to chat with you today. Thank you for the kind words and for your friendship. I read this someplace but do not remember where or who wrote it but I like it....
Sit tall in the saddle. Make sure it's cinched up tight.

10 comments:

Lynda Ruth Bowers said...

Doing good. Counting down together. hugs

Simple Pleasure said...

You go girl...soooooo proud of you!
Patricia

Vicki said...

Good job, Gracie! The shelves look terrific.

CalamityJr said...

You have learnt so much! I'm proud of you and the example you're setting of literally working through your grief and getting things done.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Your shelves look great! You are obviously an attentive student!

Enjoy the chat today.

Vickie said...

Wonderful shelves Gracie. Glad you will have a snail vine again.

Janice said...

Good job Gracie....you've learned so much and things are getting done nicely 😉

Brigitte said...

So good, all the things that you learned to do lately. Your shelves look really good.

butterfly said...

Well done gracie , you can do anything you want to .

shirley flavell said...

Oohh well done Gracie. Real positive stuff going on at your place. Counting down to seeing your brother, exciting.