I am getting pretty handy with the electric screw driver.
the footstool is finished and looks really nice and is more comfortable to the feet with the new batting . I also replaced the inside lining. I think this was a good choice of fabric. Somewhere along the way of pins and staples and screws, I lost a couple of pins on the carpet and have notstepped on found them yet. Guess they will come out of hiding when I vacuum today. Someone had asked me what was inside the storage area...nothing...yet. I guess I could make it a sewing box/kit. It sure would be handy. Speaking of sewing/kit boxes----
I was given this small kit back in the 1980s and it has all the original pieces. The top of velvet is still in tact and there is the gold thimble and needle too. This has never been used.
The inside of the lid is a mirror which is also in perfect condition.
The case is metal of some sort and has a little decorative marking around the lid and bottom. On the bottom
It is stamped "Made in Occupied Japan". I hope you can see that clear enough. All items imported after the WW II (1945-1952) had to be stamped with this mark. The hat pins are from the 1950s or so . Can not remember who gave it to me or where they got it or how old it really is but I keep it with my treasures and now it sits on the new shelf.
I did a little stitching on Alice, not enough to deserve a picture, but will get more done today. I thought I maybe would do a bit of yard cleaning but I think I will just stitch instead. Tomorrow will okay for that. You haven't forgotten have you? Alan and Lisa arrive on Tuesday. Just a few last minute preparations to get things ready. the weather forecast is for great temps in the 90s. Better than those triple numbers and excessive humidity. Our week will be busy but with plenty of us time. There is never enough time when they are here.....
It is time for me to grind the beans and brew some coffee. Thank you for stopping by and for the kind words. Most of all, thank you for your friendship.
the footstool is finished and looks really nice and is more comfortable to the feet with the new batting . I also replaced the inside lining. I think this was a good choice of fabric. Somewhere along the way of pins and staples and screws, I lost a couple of pins on the carpet and have not
I was given this small kit back in the 1980s and it has all the original pieces. The top of velvet is still in tact and there is the gold thimble and needle too. This has never been used.
The inside of the lid is a mirror which is also in perfect condition.
The case is metal of some sort and has a little decorative marking around the lid and bottom. On the bottom
It is stamped "Made in Occupied Japan". I hope you can see that clear enough. All items imported after the WW II (1945-1952) had to be stamped with this mark. The hat pins are from the 1950s or so . Can not remember who gave it to me or where they got it or how old it really is but I keep it with my treasures and now it sits on the new shelf.
I did a little stitching on Alice, not enough to deserve a picture, but will get more done today. I thought I maybe would do a bit of yard cleaning but I think I will just stitch instead. Tomorrow will okay for that. You haven't forgotten have you? Alan and Lisa arrive on Tuesday. Just a few last minute preparations to get things ready. the weather forecast is for great temps in the 90s. Better than those triple numbers and excessive humidity. Our week will be busy but with plenty of us time. There is never enough time when they are here.....
It is time for me to grind the beans and brew some coffee. Thank you for stopping by and for the kind words. Most of all, thank you for your friendship.
7 comments:
Great work with the renewing of the footstool Gracie... and what an interesting little kit that is, with everything still in such perfect condition!
That sewing kit is truly a treasure! Your footstool looks great and it's always nice to have a little extra storage.
Even tho I don't comment often, you are on my mind and I read you daily. I admire how you are
taking life one day at a time--I'm a new widow (17 months, after 53 years of a wonderful marriage) so I understand what you are going thru! Stay strong!
The footstool looks wonderful and the little sewing tin is adorable. Maybe Brother Alan could research the history for you? Or Lisa, while he is doing all the chores LOL
Not long now!
Had a lovely catch up read Gracie, you have been busy, well done on completing the DIY tasks yourself.
The Tilda doll does look pretty, brother Alan cant possibly think she is not.
Beautiful little tin, what a treasure that is.
Your shelves look beautiful with your special things out on show.
Sweet items you found in the upper cupboards, the glassware is so gorgeous.
The shorts pocket did bring a tear to my eye, that was such a special touch to the gift.
love and {hugs} coming your way. xx
Have fun with Alan and Lisa
I read all of your posts, but comment all too seldom. I enjoy reading what's going on in your life. How you're feeling. What you're working on etc.. I look forward to your next post always.
Your footstool made me remember that I have a chair on our front porch. We picked it up at a yard sale for $2.00, and I want to chalk paint it and recover the seat. So....I guess I can say that you inspire me in so many ways.
Love you girlfriend.
Your footstool looks lovely, all shiny and new :) And that sewing kit really is a treasure!
Post a Comment