Sunday, September 3, 2017

Lazy days

These last few days have found me in a lazy mood. I  think the most that happened was going to Fry's and Safeway food groceries. Other than bread, milk and eggs I should have all that I need for the month of meals. I am so far successful with my quasi planning of meals. This morning has been laundry and coffee so far. Plan for the day is making Pizzelles and some Almond shortbread cookies. I think I will leave the yard until tomorrow morning. See what I mean about the lazy part? Oh and the pond needs some attention. Tomorrow for that too.
this is what I found when I went out to open the umbrellas yesterday morning...one of the supports has disconnected itself from he fabric. Guess this week it will join the blue one and meet the trash guys. I now have one semi-functioning umbrella and that is not long for this yard. I was hoping to get through the rest of this monsoon season before getting replacements.
This teddy that I made from Denny's jeans is now living with sis Lynowl. She called to say it arrived safely and as she did not know she would be getting him she was very excited. The other special package will arrive on Tuesday in Rhode Island and I hope it will be accepted with as much joy. I will be mailing out the Denny's Angels soon.
I was asked what size my footstool is. It measures 15x11x9 high. I think I will add some padding and for now keep the original cover. I found a staple gun and staples in the garage and have some batting so this should be a quick task.
The hummer is busy this morning chasing away any other hummer who comes into the yard. I need to make more nectar for the feeders. I did try a different feeder at the window and again some bees started to drop by so this is it, there will be no feeder at the window. I had it there for a couple of weeks originally with no problems and now it is like a magnet.
Have I mentioned that in 2 weeks The Brother Alan will be here? I have saved a few tasks for him. there will still be time for relaxing and enjoying the weather before he returns to the New England Autumn weather.
Time to unload the dryer and make the bed and do some chores. So happy to have you visit with me. Thank you for the kind words and most of all your friendship. I am a very lucky gal to know you all.

9 comments:

Purple Pixie Dust said...

I am glad to see you are doing so well these days, I finally get my shoulder done on the 20th of this month. I too am counting down the days. I will be so happy when it is finally done. We now have cooler Sept weather and Dave and I went one last time to our favorite beach to collect rocks for my tumblers. I have two on the go right now which will be done my the end of the month with polished stones and then lots more to go in thru winter. I found out that a new store in town sells grit at a good price so I can get that anytime I need some. No more sending to the states for any. I do hope you have a great time with your brother when he arrives. take care love and big hugs LyndaRuthxxx

Ann at Beadlework. said...

...............and we're lucky to be able to join you each day Grace.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Is your brother coming? How long will the list of a "few" jobs be?
New umbrellas must be top of the list!

diamondc said...

Gracie: You are so lucky to have your Brother visit, I wish I could get mine to visit or at least meet for lunch, his wife gets angry so to keep peace he stays away long story about her.
Sad that your umbrella is broke, I hope you find a replacement soon.
Love that teddy bear oh so sweet.

Blessings
Catherine

butterfly said...


Have a great time with your brother , when he arrives .
Enjoy your days gracie hugs.

Chookyblue...... said...

The weather will cool soon.......

Brigitte said...

Being lazy is a great thing. I loooove being lazy from time to time. Then I spend the day in my jammies and do whatever I want to. Enjoy your lazy days.

Unknown said...

Those almond cookies are to die for. Thanks for sharing them!!! -- LastBite

Pittoresque said...

I hope you enjoyed your lazy time! So glad the teddy was well received.