I know that I am a little tired this morning. Why? Well, the other day I found a lace shawl that I began knitting very long ago and at midnight last evening I decided since I was awake thought I was awake I would knit a row or two. Big mistake. I made a mistake and then could not see where and the life lines were messed up...if you guessed that I just tore it down to he start you guessed correctly. So, this morning I said to me myself and I, get started on this. I set up in my stitching chair in my room and put a movie on and then I needed to get a glass of water so off to the kitchen and then I saw the mixer and ingredients out since last evening ---
so I made Almond Shortbread cookies and yes, I already tasted just to be sure they are okay. They are delicious and the aroma in the kitchen is heavenly. This is a very rich recipe and cutting them small is a must. I used 1-1/4 cups butter. Generally I do not like Almond flavor but these are so good.
Another hot day. Temps generally around now should be in the low 100s and hopefully that will be soon. Sometimes the humidity really bothers me and a dull head is what I end up with. But, here I am scatter brain. So, once the pan was put into the oven I began to hear voices. Sundays are not my best day since Denny is not here so this worried me. The doors are locked so no one can be in the house....but I looked in the garage and then began to look around. Upon entering my room, there were the people I heard...the movie people! What a relief to know that I am not loosing my mind after all.
10 more days....you know what I am talking about!
Yesterday Ifound came across
this Fiesta ware set. It was in one of the cupboards in the kitchen that I must use a step stool to look into. I had forgotten all about this tea pot and mugs. While in the same cupboard I also saw this set
a cut glass footed sugar and creamer that my mother brought back from Rome Italy many years ago and gave to me. Slowly things that have been tucked away for the last 13 years are finding their way out of hiding. I have so many cupboards!
So, I am not loosing my mind just the ability to stay focused today. And I will figure out the lace pattern and knit today. Always so nice to have you visit. Thank you for the kind words and for you friendship. I will stay focused......I will stay focused...The Brother Alan will be here on the 19th....I will stay focused!
so I made Almond Shortbread cookies and yes, I already tasted just to be sure they are okay. They are delicious and the aroma in the kitchen is heavenly. This is a very rich recipe and cutting them small is a must. I used 1-1/4 cups butter. Generally I do not like Almond flavor but these are so good.
Another hot day. Temps generally around now should be in the low 100s and hopefully that will be soon. Sometimes the humidity really bothers me and a dull head is what I end up with. But, here I am scatter brain. So, once the pan was put into the oven I began to hear voices. Sundays are not my best day since Denny is not here so this worried me. The doors are locked so no one can be in the house....but I looked in the garage and then began to look around. Upon entering my room, there were the people I heard...the movie people! What a relief to know that I am not loosing my mind after all.
10 more days....you know what I am talking about!
Yesterday I
this Fiesta ware set. It was in one of the cupboards in the kitchen that I must use a step stool to look into. I had forgotten all about this tea pot and mugs. While in the same cupboard I also saw this set
a cut glass footed sugar and creamer that my mother brought back from Rome Italy many years ago and gave to me. Slowly things that have been tucked away for the last 13 years are finding their way out of hiding. I have so many cupboards!
So, I am not loosing my mind just the ability to stay focused today. And I will figure out the lace pattern and knit today. Always so nice to have you visit. Thank you for the kind words and for you friendship. I will stay focused......I will stay focused...The Brother Alan will be here on the 19th....I will stay focused!
10 comments:
Gracie those cookies look lovely . I put a film on the other day the first one for ages it was good to get away in my mind .
Enjoy your day lots of hugs.
Your blog always makes me smile..hearing voices...oh yeah the movie!
Nice uncovering those treasures after so much time. Love the fiesta ware!!
Enjoy those yummy cookies and don't forget to pop some in the freezer for when Alan gets there!
Oh boy! I would never have stopped at just one cookie!! :D Lovely treasures Gracie.
Two beautiful finds... and right in your own home! That's what I call a good treasure hunt!
Gracie: I am so sorry but I had to laugh, I heard a voice one day and it was me talking to myself only because I made a big mistake in making banana bread, how about putting in some bananas next time dummy, I thought it was my Mother speaking nope it was me, I forgot the bananas.
Your cookies look yummy, I have to taste test what I bake before serving it.
It will not be long before your Brother arrives, I hope you have a wonderful time with him.
That tea set is beautiful.
Blessings
Catherine
Lovely cookies and a funny story about the film voices too. My husband is always putting the TV on and then leaving the room. I can hear voices when I'm stitching and wonder where they come from!
Nice to find hidden treasures in the back of the cupboards.
I've done that too and been a little worried about my mental health as well. I'm so glad Alan will be out there soon. That is something wonderful to look forward to. I hope the shawl works out better this time around.
Oh my, these cookies look so delicious, I'd love to try one as I do love almond cookies ...
These hidden treasures deserve to be on display. Very beautiful.
I hope you get that lace pattern figured out. Never knit complicated patterns when tired, we all have to learn that lesson at some point!
Those cookies are awesome!
--LastBite
Post a Comment