Thursday, September 7, 2017

A special gift

Up early today and already had my morning coffee. I saw my pain management doctor yesterday afternoon and the leg is a little better but the muscle and tendons are still painful and swollen. So, continue with the gel medication. I managed to work on Alice yesterday but not enough to take a picture yet. The motif that I am working on seems to stitch up slowly, but then again it could be me!
When my Denny passed away our niece Tonya asked me to make her something of her uncle Dennis...
This is what I made for her, a memory pillow. She loves turtles and Denny like the Kokopelli. So when I saw that my friend Keith had the embroidery pattern for this I just knew it was perfect. Two symbols that represent two special people. I used a piece from a pair of Denny's favorite shorts taking advantage of the back pocket for a place to tuck in a photo and special note to Tonya. She was very pleased with this gift. As a little girl Tonya spent many weekends and other times with us. He had a special nickname for her  and when he was in hospital he talked of his Tonya Pafazzo and some of the special times with her. He enjoyed looking through our many pictures of her.
Sadly this is one he never got to see. Tonya and her husband Tony taken this June when they celebrated their marriage. A lovely picture don't you think? Tonya is the reason that I met and married Dennis. Special story and special young lady to us always.
I guess that about covers it. Off to get some laundry done and later to Walmart for odds and ends. Thank you for stopping by and for your kind words and most of all for your friendship. Let's have a good day.

11 comments:

Janice said...

Good morning early riser! I have to tell you that pillow is amazing! Looks store bought and love the fact that there's a pocket in the back. Tonya is such a pretty girl. Looks like she's happy....I miss Linda. Well enjoy your day sweet cousin ❤

Anonymous said...

A beautiful memory gift that is filled with beautiful memories - a true honor to Dennis. <3

Purple Pixie Dust said...

Tonya is a lovely girl, I like the pillow. Have a great day hugs love

Vicki said...

What a great gift for Tonya to remember Denny by.
Hang in there, Gracie, cooler weather is coming this weekend (although I fear the trade off is going to be very high humidity!)

diamondc said...

Gracie: Tonya is lovely, what a sweet jester to use the pocket from his shorts and then to add a photo, you are so creative, thank-you for sharing with us.
It was 45 this morning I prefer heat, soon the snow will fly.

Blessings
Catherine

Ann at Beadlework. said...

What a lovely post today Grace, a very special and unique gift. I too like the Kokopelli.

Vickie said...

:D Yes, I love the look. And your stroll piece too.

Annie with the ducks said...

What a sweet and thoughtful gift.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

What a lovely gift! Do you know the Kokopelli is a fertility symbol? Maybe that's a good sign...
I stitched one for a friend and she now has a little baby!

Brigitte said...

A great gift for Tonya full of memories of her uncle Dennis.

Pittoresque said...

That's a very special gift with some very special memories. Lovely :)