Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Getting there

No, I am not going anywhere....but I am getting there....almost ready for The Brother Alan's visit...next Tuesday! I have been getting the sewing room back to a guest room. It requires my rearranging things...out with the sewing table/machine and freeing closet space just for a start. The linens have been changed on the bed and space made ready in the bureau. This also means that I am in a ness for a few days while everything removed has a new spot for the visit. It is al so worth it. I love having Alan here and always wish it could be a longer visit. Guess I will have to wait until he retires (which will be some time to wait!) He still is the younger kid. In between all this preparations I did begin the French Boutis project.
I am going to re-do the circle area because it is a little to tight. I used the disappearing quilt marking pen and do hope it does vanish! The outline is complete and now will start the center back stitching lines. I also need to do the embroidered initial in the center of the circle or....I was undecided if I want to do that or....so you can see, I am still making choices here. Mr H has a doctor appointment this morning and I have a few errands to do later. It is already 71 at 5:30 am and may reach 99 today...so the sooner the errands are done the better. I did a little yard work yesterday. All the winds we have been having surely made a miss here.  Remember my sweet friend JeanneG moved...well I visited her on Sunday morning...I sure do miss her.  Glad she is so close by that I can still pop in for a visit. We spent time looking through patterns finding a cross stitch for her to work on and of course chatting away the time.  So, that is what I have been up to and what I will be doing. Did I mention that it is only 6 days until The Brother Alan arrives? Glad we had the time to visit...thank you for the kind words and most of all for your friendship. Have a great day.
PS...

9 comments:

Vickie said...

Thinking of you and Mr. H and the doctor appt.♥

cucki said...

My dear thinking of you both so much
Big Beaty hugs x

Kaisievic said...

Have a wonderful time with your brother and I hope that all goes well with Mr H at the doctors. hugs, Kaye

Lesley said...

I hope you have the best time with your brother and your DH's appointment goes well

averyclaire.org said...

How fun to have this visit with your brother! You will surely enjoy your time together! I had no trouble with ironing out the disappearing gel pen ink. It works like a dream every time!

Astrids dragon said...

Now it's five days!
I love when I get to see my older brother, I wish we lived closer to each other.

Julie said...

A countdown certainly makes you realise how quickly the days pass by.
Hope all went well for Mr H at the Drs.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I love how excited you are getting about Alan's visit. I do hope he will be doing a guest blog post this year.

Leonore Winterer said...

Your new project looks interesting at this stage, I'm curious for the end result!