Monday, June 13, 2016

A bear, a wreath and a dress

Finally finished the June SAL...
I had a "bear" of a time with it, seriously...I started the bear twice thinking I knew how to count and finally the third time it worked. See the bees...let's not go there. Then I worked up the crocheted with beads trim into a wreath...
This is the trim I made in the white with pearl beads. I thought since it is so flexible why not a wreath.... voila! I plan to make a few to send out... my first Christmas ornament. I really like the pattern for this trim and it is simple to do even on the go or in my case while waiting at the hospital on Friday for Mr H. This trim really has many possibilities. My books that I ordered have arrived, except for one of them...I bought one for Penny Rugs and Smocking and both are very good. In the meantime while waiting for the third one which is still in the PA facility... I decided to make this..
Using one of my vintage handkerchiefs and origami folds I have a lovely dress. I mounted it in a "floating" frame and this way the back can also be seen...
I added a bit of netting and covered that with lace so the back is as pretty as the front and besides, it covers the folds. I think pattern on the hanky was so perfect for the design. I tried a couple of others and they just did not look so pretty. Today I will gather some threads and kit up the Bee Happy project and get ready to start another crocheted wreath. The weather is expected to be even hotter this weekend..."excessive heat watch" is what they are saying...above 115. Soon we will be back into the Monsoon season with rains thunder and lightening storms. So, I will be staying indoors with the air on and my stitching on my lap. So nice to have you visit with me today. Thank you for you friendship and kind words...have a wonderful day.

7 comments:

Vickie said...

Hooray for finishing the June bear Gracie. :)
I am so impressed with that lovely wreath. It is just so very pretty.
And so is that wonderful handkerchief dress! Neat!
Keep cool you two.

Julie said...

Wonderful handkerchief folded dress, that's amazing.
I've just got a bear on my SAL so far, must crack on with it.

blue star stitcher said...

Your origami dress is lovely, the flowers on the hankerchief were just perfect for that project.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Your bear looks great despite all the trouble he gave you.
Nice work on the wreath, a very clever way to use crochet. I love the origami dress too, what an interesting way to use a hankechief.

KimM said...

Oh, how I love the beat. I'm so looking forward to starting this SAL...love the wreath and the kerchief dress. Very well done, Grace.
xxx

Tiffstitch said...

Lovely finishes and good luck tomorrow.

Cindy's Stitching said...

June bear is pretty. The Christmas wreath is just adorable